Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Crash Course, [Firefly]
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 01:13 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

'I can do it. I know I can do it...'

The wind whistled shrilly in Silver Star's ears as he gained speed. Before long, a silvery blue trail of color extended behind him, electricity arcing through the air as a cone of compressed air formed around the speed-obsessed stallion. As he felt his vision swim, he grit his teeth, and continued to push forward.

Time seemed to slow down as the silver-coated speedster reached that breaking point. He could feel the sound barrier straining at his hooftips. He was so close. Just a little more and--

TWAAAANG

Silver Star's eyes bulged as he felt himself being thrown backwards, spiraling wildly as his wings and limbs refused to obey his mental commands. As the sight of a cloud-crafted home drew closer, he hugged his wings and legs as close to himself as his body would allow, and a single thought crossed his mind and passed through his lips as he braced for impact.

"This is gonna suuuuuck!"

Obsidian Blade||Unicorn||Stallion - "The Lion-maned Warhorse"
Silver Star||Pegasus||Young Stallion - "That one jerk"
PM
Princess Luna
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 02:09 AM
Advanced Member
Members
54 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

It had been another long morning at the Cloudsdale stadium, the light-blue pegasus working out under the once-Wonderbolt captain, Spitfire. It had been a good run, and the Wonderbolts' popularity as a flight team had seen a meteoric rise under her leadership, but it couldn't last forever, and now Spitfire had retired to be a trainer. Over and over again Spitfire made Firefly travel through the rings in order, flying behind her and changing their position each time she passed through, training her endurance and her flight control simultaneously.

The two of them began training at sunrise, and two and a half hours later they had finished, around 9:45. From there, Firefly and Spitfire parted ways, and the light-blue mare returned to her own house, yawning as she walked in and turning to the kitchen. Right. Breakfast time. Or it would be, though Firefly's "breakfast" usually consisted of a cheese sandwich with a side of lettuce.

Once she had made her dish and eaten it too - something which took her all of 5 minutes - she walked to the small shower room and turned on the faucet, walking in and closing the curtains behind her. As the water warmed up, Firefly spread her wings, sparks of static electricity radiating from her mane as she waved it about to get it completely wet. She opened her mouth, yawned - and then a loud crash caused her to almost lose her balance in the shower.

Quickly she grabbed at the curtain, opening it up and peeking out, her eyes immediately catching the hole in the ground. As her mind slowly began to wrap around what must have happened, her gaze slowly trailed up to the pony who was now on her ceiling somehow. "W-what are you doing?!" she exclaimed, quickly hiding back under the cover of the shower curtain.
PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 02:25 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Silver Star groaned as he struggled to straighten out his line of sight, and when he did, he couldn't hide the blush that crept onto his face as he saw a mare screech at, and hide her body from him. Peeling himself from the mare's bathroom ceiling, he grunted as he landed unceremoniously on his rump.

"Nursing a monster of a headache, for one." he groused, holding a hoof to his forehead. "and two, I was busy flying... but that plan's been shot to Tartarus and back, it seems."

Arching his back until he heard a satisfying "pop", he groaned as he felt his limbs limber back up.

"Well, sorry about your bathroom. I'll pay you back when I'm rich, okay?" he said as he prepared to dive back through the hole he had come through.

This post has been edited by That Little Twerp: Feb 4 2013, 02:26 AM

PM
Princess Luna
 Posted: Feb 4 2013, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member
Members
54 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

The beautiful thing about living in the clouds compared to living down on earth? Everything was made of cloud, and as such, repairs of any scale didn't require funds of any sort - just clouds, and not even a lot of them. The bathroom could be fixed in fifteen minutes or so, and she could do it on her own with little trouble. No. What Firefly had trouble with was the pegasus who had just seen her, in the shower, and was now looking to get away with it.

"W-wait!" she demanded, though she refrained from leaving the shower, half out of embarrassment and half out of the fact that if she fell out of her home her wings would be too wet to maintain flight.
PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 12:30 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Silver Star stopped mid-step, though the mare's plea for him to wait didn't exactly stop him from grumbling.

"What is it NOW?" he asked, his expression deadpan and somewhat miffed. It's not like he could help hurtling into this mare's home at less-than-supersonic speeds. Quite frankly, he was sure that if he had been hurt, he'd hold her accountable!

"Look, I already said I was sorry, and that I'd pay for the right kind of cloud needed to repair your floor and ceiling, so what's the big freaking deal, huh?" he asked, his voice almost a shout. Then he took a moment to take a deep breath, and actually looked at the mare that was attempting to shield herself from view, an raised an eyebrow.

"You know that we all walk around naked, right? What you're trying to hide is nothing new, I'd wager."

PM
Firefly
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 01:08 AM
Members
1 Posts
Joined 13-February 13

"Charming. Is that what guys typically consider a pick-up line nowadays?" Firefly asked, feeling the hairs of her tail begin to stand up on end already after she had just gotten distracted from her shower. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and let it go. No. She needed to be calm about this. Besides, she was in no condition to fly, even if the muscles in her legs and wings were still loose - wet feathers could bring down even the best of fliers.

"Word of advice - just because we don't normally wear clothing doesn't mean mares don't mind stallions looking in on them in a shower. Nevertheless-" she continued, before he could get a word in edgewise, "I can at least acknowledge that this was clearly unintentional, and as such holding this against you would be childish of me." she said, a slight trace of irritation making itself known as her mane gave a strange buzz of electricity, causing Firefly to wince from the discomfort.
PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Mar 20 2013, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"At least you got a good head on your shoulders." said Silver, snorting derisively.

He'd raised an eyebrow at her wincing, and was that electricity? He shrugged, and ambled over to the hole he'd inadvertently created with his earlier mishap, letting out a low whistle.

"Dang." he said. "Must've been going pretty fast if I tore a hole through cloud of this quality."

A look of what could have been shame flickered across his face for a moment, before he rolled his eyes, and spoke.

"Of course, the materials probably weren't all that good if I could make such a clean hole in your floor. You really should invest your bits more wisely."

PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat