Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

On my Way(open)
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 13 2013, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

The sound of singing could be heard in the Gorge, echoing off the walls as Artemis was walking on her way. She was exicited and thrilled, walking towards a new city. Canterlot hadn't turned out overly nice... But she had met a nice pony there at least. Maybe somewhere else would be cooler. She sure hoped so.

"Tell everybody I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
With blue skies ahead, yes I'm on my way
And theres no where else I'd rather be

Tell everybody I'm on my way
And I'm loving every step I take
With the sun beating down, yes I'm on my way
And I can't keep this smile off my face."

OOC: The song is On my Way, by Phil Colins.

This post has been edited by yewphoria: Feb 13 2013, 10:30 PM

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 12:17 PM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted was walking through on of the Gorge branches when she heard singing. Just before she came around the bend she started singing as well.

"Cause there's nothing like seeing each other again, no matter what the distance between"

"And the stories that we tell will make you smile, oh it really lifts my heart!"

She sang along, coming into view of the mare. She was wearing her simple medium armour, not seeing a need for everything else.

"Cute song!" She called out with a smile "Not often I get to hear people sing" She chuckled, her wings ruffling slightly.

||Twisted Vision||34||Female||HF Pegacorn||
||Neapolitan||17||Female||Unikirin||

Many wish me dead, and to few I am. Too bad things are never as they seem...
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Artemis sniffed Twisted Vision, her tail up and wagging. "What's this you got on? You're definitely a first. I've never seen a horned winged thing before… You must be an alicorn! Hi! I'm Artemis." Artemis knocked on the mare's armor with a fore claw, ears perked in listening to the dull gong. That was really neat, the mare had been singing with her. At the same time. It had been really cool. "Thank youuuu."

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 01:56 PM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted Vision chuckled at the Kirin before her. Very dog like She chuckled, rubbing the Kirins mane with a hoof. "Hello Artemis! My name is Twisted Vision, and that's rather perceptive of you! I'm very much so and Alicorn" She lied with a smile. "Would you like some company on your walk through the gorge?" She asked

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 14 2013, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"I would love some company!" Artemis licked Twisted Vision's face, smiling even wider as the mare pet her mane. Her tail was wagging. "I don't remember anything in the books about you. What do you do? You don't look the Sun Raiser or the Moon Riser. And your wings are huuuuuuuuuuuge." Artemis repressed the urge to run around the self dubbed alicorn to get a look at her all around, not wanting to stop being pet. (If Twisted Visions was indeed still petting her after getting licked in the face by an earth kirin) "What's your name?"

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 12:29 AM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted couldn't help but chuckle. Three dog prints on her flank as a cutie mark and acts like a dog! Why not go with it right? It could prove to be beneficial to her in the end anyway. "Now now dear, just because the most famous Alicorns raise the sun and the moon, does not mean we all do. Where as an Alicorn is an uncommon sight we do exist" She chuckled "And as for my wings, I don't really know how to explain them. It's just how they grew on me" She smiled, indeed still petting the mare. She didn't much mind being licked, but it was something that could get old rather quickly. "So, where are you heading little one?" She asked with a kind smile.

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"I don't know. I'm just looking for any city. I wanna see them all." Artemis panted happily, enjoying the petting with much gusto. "And the puppies. I wanna see the puppies. I tried to in Canterlot. But they were all possessive and didn't even want me near their puppies." Probably didn't help that she had sniffed their butts… She had stopped that. It still kinda felt impolite though not to do that. Then she'd gotten arrested for taking food of someone's plate when she'd seen another pony do that. Canterlot was confusing.

But nonetheless... "I'm new to the world! I wanna see it all! Like, for real. This'll be the second city I've ever seen. Once I find it!"

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 12:41 AM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted didn't know if this mare was a blessing or a boon. A pony who thinks she's a dog! Train her to be loyal and you will have a mare that would do almost anything for you... But you have to train her... She figured she would cross that bridge when she got there.

"Darling, you wish to see a city? Why not I take you to a city, and let you do what ever you want! I'll even make sure you don't get in trouble and give you a nice place to stay!" She said tossling the mares ears. "You just have to make sure you do what I was, or else we could get in a lot of trouble. Sound good to you?" She asked with a friendly smile.

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Another one, yes!" Artemis started chasing her tail excitedly, then put her head back under the mare's hooves to be pet. She whined happily at the petting. Timber wolves were nice and all… She had lived with a pack of them for a long time. But the touch of something that wasn't made of wood felt quite nice. Do what she wanted… Like an alpha. Artemis's ears flattened against her head uncertainly. At least she wasn't some big scary dragon. Her ears rose again. It'd be fine. This mare seemed plenty nice.

Offering her a place to say and a way to keep out of trouble. And this petting was awesome. Yup. She trusted Twisted Visions.

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 01:00 AM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted could practically see the gears in this mares head wirring around at high speeds. The signs of the decision making was clear, but when the mare showed the same signs a dog does when they are trusting of another. She also knew just the city they could go to for this mare to get her fill of people.

"Now, I know a city we could go too! It's called Neighagra falls! Lots of ponies to talk too and many interesting places and attractions to explore. I'm sure me and you could have plenty of fun!" She smiled "However I must warn you. Many ponies do not like ponies like me. Many are ignorant and do not accept the possibility of an Alicorn to be born that is not one of the princesses. Pay them no heed, as there not worth our time" She smiled.

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 01:05 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"But I wanna meet those ponies too. All the ponies. Say hi, hello, and greetings." Artemis was practicing her waving in front of Twisted Vision's now. "I learned this little gesture while I was observing in Canterlot. But really, what does it matter if they accept you or not? You are what you are whether or not they accept you exist. And you exist whether or not they think you do. And why they think you don't when they can clearly see you just seems dumb to me. And you're clearly not a ghost. I've seen those in the Everfree. Even my timber wolf pack stays away from those. And you're no ghost. You're real. So why they think you're not real is beyond my comprehension.

Her tail was wagging really fast as she spoke.

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 01:10 AM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted couldn't help but enjoy the naivity of this mare. "Sometimes, people just get angry at you, and do bad things to you and say bad words because they can't comprehind things like you or I. To you I am here, thus I exist, but to others, I am here thus I must be some evil being that has to be killed. They are protecting there close minded ways by pushing ponies like me into the darkness" She said solemly. "But you can say hi to thm, I just won't be able to help you as much with them as with other people." She said nuzzling the mare lightly "Anyway, we have a bit of a trot on our hands, should we get going?" She asked

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 01:16 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Killing you. That's awful." Artemis paused for a moment. "I mean they're HERBIVORES. They're not even going to eat you. Its an abomination really." ARtemis shook her head at the idea. Killing and death didn't upset her. She was a predator. The idea of food being wasted did though… Artemis couldn't help but think of the ponies as food. She'd never eat them, but they were food. Especially if they were dead. Then it'd be okay to eat them. "Sure sure! Lets run!" Artemis nodded eagerly.

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 01:20 AM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted smiled. At least she was starting to understand the lie she was feeding her. Just gotta keep it up and in time this mare will be quiet the useful tool. Hearing the words run did however make her hesitant.

"Darling... I can't run near as fast or as long as you can... How about you run ahead, and when I can't see you anymore I'll call you back! Sound good to you? Maybe I'll even throw something for you to run after" She chuckled.

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 01:31 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Oooooh. Sounds like fun." All sorts of fun games these ponies had! Artemis ran ahead, then ran back. "You know… Are you a hybrid? Because Mother always said that hybrids are weaker than their full blown counter parts. And I can't help but think… Wow. If I'm a first gen, I'm one of the weaker things out there. But watch this. Just… WATCH!" Artemis dug at a hefty sized rock and ripped it out from the ground, then heaving it over her head, managing to keep her balance on her two feet while holding the big thing.

The thing was at least one and a half times bigger than her... Such was the strength of an earth pony really.

"Just imagine… I'm a first generation kirin. If I'm this strong imagine how strong a proper kirin is!"

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 02:16 PM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted frowned. So it seemed she was going to have to be a touch more careful with this one if her plans were to follow through. "Hmm, you think me what ever you wish, as it will no more change me as a person then anything else" she smiled as the Kirin preformed her feat of strength. "My, isn't that quiet the impressive feat! maybe I can show you something similar later, but for now..." She said picking up a stick "I think we should get going." She took a few steps and threw the stick with her magic as far as she could "Care to go get it?" She asked

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 15 2013, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Artemis was off and running before Twisted had even asked if she wanted to go get it. Meanwhile her RPer couldn't think of anything else to put, so she could put in filler, or just have it be like this.

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 02:45 PM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted Visions face went from happy to annoyed once the mare turned around. Well then you prissy little bitch, I hope you're happy She growled inwardly. Perfect seemed to decide to step in a little and assure Twisted gave something in return, instead of just manipulating the poor mare into owing her something.

Be calm Twisted, as with her kindness will more then likely be the best bet to obtain your goals. Trust that with kindness she will come to trust you greatly, and be more willing to do as you say. The Mare is smart despite her outward actions and appearances and you must shine the light of good upon yourself so she may believe that you are not as evil as others will put you to be. Perfect finally said, leaving the forefront of Twisteds consciousness.

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Artemis ran back with the stick. "What's it like? Why are they falling? Will it be cool? Will there be many ponies there? What about dogs. I love dogs. And timberwolves too. Listen listen I can howl." Artemis threw her head back and let loose… A pretty decent howl. There was even a howl in return from atop the cliffs.

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 01:28 AM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted was just coming back to full alert to the outside world when she was mauled with questions about Neighagra Falls. She wasn't even able to answer before the mare howled! It was impressive, even got a couple of dogs in the distance to howl along with her.

"Darling, The falls are falling because it's a water fall, and yes there are a lot of people. It a rather large city, but again you have to do what I say or else we could get into trouble. There will be plenty of time for us to meet other ponies while we are there you just have to have faith in me" She smiled

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Good. Because if it was just water falling I'd have to pass. Because water falling… I've seen that. Not interested in seeing that again. No thanks." Artemis waved her hoof in dismissal at the concept. Nope. She wasn't really interested in whatever beauty nature had or whatever bull crap. Granted, it was lovely. But... Others of her kind. Ponies. Meeting them...

Artemis would never have the gall to see another kirin. But the ponies of this nation... She wanted to see them all. She wanted to see the world.

She wanted to see the ponies, the world. Everything. Artemis had to, she needed to see it all. "Faith is a funny word." Artemis handed the stick to Twisted Visions.

This post has been edited by yewphoria: Feb 18 2013, 01:42 AM

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 03:27 AM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted chuckled. "Faith is a funny word, it is similar to trust. It is trust actually, only different I guess" She chuckled. "And nature is a beautiful thing. Ponies can be horrible hateful creatures, and only nature is truly just. You will meet ponies, but they may not all wish to meet you. You have to learn when you have over stayed your welcome" Twisted said as she was walking

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 18 2013, 03:33 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Trust." Artemis took a moment to process that. Like her pack trusted her not to kill them all by accident. Like she had trusted in her cutiemark. But that was her destiny that she trusted… How could one not trust that? Meanwhile, this pony… Artemis was new to the place, and excitable. But she was always wary when someone tried to go all alpha on her. Artemis had been the alpha too long to just roll over and take it. "I already have figured that about ponies." Said Artemis.

She wasn't like them. She was a kirin. Artemis was getting bored. "I'm bored." She announced. "Show me your special talent."

PM
Twisted Vision
 Posted: Feb 19 2013, 03:45 PM
Twisted Vision
Members
167 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Twisted watched the gears once again go wirring around in her brain before the mare asked to see her special talent. "Buh... That's a little hard to show without other magic casters. My talent is the ability to copy another unicorn or unikirins magic perfectly" She said with a smile "But if your bored, would you like me to throw the stick again? She asked

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 03:18 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

This mare… She seemed all fine and dandy with the idea of bossing her around, but the first thing Artemis suggested? She shot down. Maybe there was a good reason for it. But Artemis was not liking this situation. She was under the impression that all alicorns were powerful. That if she tried to assert her dominance over her she would fail… But Artemis was thinking one thing in particular.

Why even try to assert dominance? She didn't want dominance amongst her half kin. What in the world would Artemis ever do with that? She just didn't want to feel like she was being dominated over. "I'm my own Alpha. Don't think you can push me around like you're my own. Alicorn or not there's thousands of ponies out there. And as far as company goes, one pony is as good as another for me."

Even if it ended up being no company... Which it wouldn't. There were thousands of ponies out there. She couldn't be left packless. That wasn't possible. Artemis started walking away from the mare.

PM

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat