Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Reacclimation and Rehabilitation, [OPEN][Mid to Late Spring]
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"Are you sure of this, Obsidian Blade?"

Princess Celestia looked on at the bedridden form of one of Equestria's greatest heroes, his eyelids drooping, and darkened from lack of sleep. His breathing was shallow, and it was painful to lift even a forehoof. Luna was there too, but she was far more quiet in comparison to her sister.

"I'm sure, Princess." was his reply. "Equestria is my home, and I would rise to defend her, even if I were to wake one hundred, one thousand, or even one million years from now; however long it would take to find a cure for this blasted disease, so nopony would suffer like I am now."

This time, it was Luna's turn to speak.

"But think about it, Sir Blade... Rather than be sealed in stone, for possibly forever, in hopes for a cure that may never be found... What of your family and friends? What of them?"

Obsidian managed a weak smile, and choked out a pained laugh.

"They know, Princess Luna. They have made peace with my decision and have decided to support it." he said, still smiling, despite how much it hurt to do so. "I do not regret my decision, and should I remain sealed in stone for eons to come, then so be it."

There was a long, painful silence before somepony decided to speak again.

"Very well." came the voice of the elder Princess. "Come with us, Sir Blade."

"Sister!" cried Luna, as if unable to believe what she had heard.

"Stay your tongue, Luna. This may very well be his last wish and it would do him no honor to deny him this." she said, the barest of tremors in her tone.

"Come, Obsidian. Let us fetch your armor and sword."
<><><><><>
"I am ready, princesses." came Obsidian's voice as he hobbled out into the gardens, his horn's reddish aura flickering as he dragged his greatsword behind him. He looked to Luna and Celestia, each wearing their respective Elements of Harmony. Luna was clad in the Elements of Kindness, Generosity, and Magic, and Celestia was clad in the Elements of Laughter, Honesty, and Loyalty.

Hefting himself into an upright position, he gripped his sword with his forehooves, and made it seem as though he were readying for a devastating attack, his face set in a ferocious, piercing scowl. There was a flash, and he felt his body stiffen in that pose, and his vision began to fade as he slipped into a magically induced coma. Though his vocal cords no longer worked, he desperately wished to tell them one thing as his mind slipped into the ether.

"Thank you..."

==<><><><><>==

Around 1650 years later...

Obsidian stirred, mentally yawning as he attempted to gain his bearings.

'Okay... it's still dark... Either I'm dead, or still stuck within a statue. How long was I out again? A day? A month? A couple hundred years?'

For the last couple of decades, Obsidian had become considerably more aware of his surroundings. Perhaps it had something to do with Discord's first escape from his own stony prison, but nonetheless, he'd picked up on a lot of things; modern speech patterns, the lingo, and the names of quite a few guards, and had been able to discern between them based on voice alone. He'd also heard the voices of the new bearers of the Elements of Harmony, who had freed Luna form the corrupting influence that had turned her into Nightmare Moon a thousand years ago. Oh, how he desperately wished a cure could be found for his condition, he honestly wished to meet these mares, especially the bookish Twilight Sparkle. After all, if she was Princess Celestia's protege, then she must truly be something special.

That, and he felt useless, stuck in this state. He'd been awake for Discord's escape, and a Changeling invasion. Nasty, chittering creatures, those Changelings. Sucked the love right out of a pony, leaving nothing but a husk. Ghastly, really.

Still, he really wished a cure was found. He really, really--

CRACK

Obsidian blinked at the noise. What surprised him more was that he could feel himself blink, and then he could feel the pain. Dear sweet Celestia, after all years, he had actually forgotten about the pain!

Letting loose an ear shattering scream, Obsidian broke free of his stony shell, his heavy sword clattering to the paved ground beneath him, writhing about as he endured almost two thousand years-worth of pain within a few seconds.

As he began to slip out of consciousness once more, he heard the sound of metal horseshoes against pavement, and the shouts of a guard that often patrolled the gardens.

"What in all of Equestria-- Holy crap! Somepony get a stretcher! Hurry!"

Obsidian allowed himself a small smile as he slipped into blissful unconsciousness.

'Ah, good ol' Charger...'

This post has been edited by That Little Twerp: Jan 31 2013, 06:34 PM

Obsidian Blade||Unicorn||Stallion - "The Lion-maned Warhorse"
Silver Star||Pegasus||Young Stallion - "That one jerk"
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 12:29 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Legacy, who had been wandering the stone statute gardens around Canterlot, writing something in her note pad, let out a scream at the sudden and abrupt screaming as one of the statutes broke. "Emkejrke. DISCORD!" It had to be. What else would be breaking out of stone? Yah… The filly had been reading a lot of stories about him. Plus, it was a knee jerk reaction to assume it was him in this case.

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

The aforementioned guard, Charger, looked to the young mare that had screamed her head off, (which HURT, thank you very much...) and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't mean to sound rude, miss, but..." he began, watching as a group of paramedics hoisted the groaning stallion onto a stretcher, empathetically wincing as a whimper of pain escaped his lips as he was deposited onto said stretcher.

"Just how out of touch with the times are you?" he finally finished. "In my career as a royal guard, I've seen what Discord looks like, and that is most definitely not him."

Charger trotted over to the pedestal that the stallion had been on previously, if the bits of stone littered about were of any clue, and his eyes widened when he saw the name inscribed upon the bronze plaque that was set into the pedestal.

As quick as a shot, Charger was off, intent on informing the Princesses of what had transpired here. They would surely want to know of his return...

This post has been edited by That Little Twerp: Jan 23 2013, 03:04 PM

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Legacy looked down at the ground, blushing deeply. She hadn't thought. She just hadn't. It'd just slipped out. In frankness it had been more of a swear than a… Okay, that was a lie. But still. Legacy padded off, wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member
Members
512 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Wander trotted past a familiar looking mare as he approached the Canterlot Gardens. He'd just been passing through the city and had wished to take in the sights when he'd heard the crack. Magical incidents, screaming about deities, scampering ponies? It was on of the few times he and the other we're in agreement; this warranted investigation.He silently slipped over to the unconscious pony, a claw resting on his blade just in case.

"Well, Well, What have we..." He started before his eyes went wide. He knew of this pony. The Gryphonsbane, an Equestrian warrior who by all reckonings should be naught but bones by now. Yet his exact likeness was before the kirin. He extended a claw to check his pulse. This was unbelievable, he had to tough it himself to be sure that this wasn't some hallucination.

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"Sir, please stand back, this stallion is very sick, and we need to get his treated as soon as possible." came the stern voice of a male orderly.

Obsidian blinked, the scenery blearily passing him by as he felt himself being taken somewhere on some kind of... wheeled table?

"Hang on, you're going to be alright!" came the voice of a mare clad in mint green scrubs

Of course, to Obsidian in his semi-conscious, painkiller addled state, it sounded much slower and echo-y to him. He would have chuckled, but he was far too out of it to do so. Once more, he fell unconscious. When he awoke next, he was far more aware of his surroundings, and he found himself in a strange bed, with odd, transparent vines attached to bags attached to him, pumping him full of what he would later learn was a cocktail of drugs to keep the pain to a dull roar, and an IV drip to give him much needed nutrients. He also found he was devoid of his sword and armor, and instead garbed in a powder blue smock of some sort.

Craning his head, he looked to some strangely garbed stallion wearing some strange metal disk attached to a headband on his head, and wearing a long white coat on top of a garb similar to many of the mares and stallions he'd seen while being wheeled through... wherever it was he was being wheeled through.

"You there..." he wheezed out, blinking as he realized he had a strange, transparent mask on his snout, ignoring in in favor of getting the stallion's attention. "Where am I? Who are you? What year is this?" he asked, slurring through the mask.

"Ah, you're awake." came the stallion's reply. "To answer your questions, you're in a room located within Canterlot Castle's medical wing, I'm your caretaker, Dr. Bleeding Heart, and this is the year 2150 A.R., a little over two thousand years after the end of Discord's reign over Equestria."

"Twenty-one fifty..." came Obsidian's wheezy response. Had it really been that long? Sure, he'd go to sleep for decades at a time, but to think he'd been stuck as a statue for that long? Incredible.

"It's incredible, Mr. Blade. To think that you were in a similar state of stony stasis like Discord... It's preserved your body exactly as it was almost two millenia ago, disease and all."

Obsidian's eyes widened at the word disease, and hefted himself into an upright position despite the doctor's protests.

"Can it be cured?" he asked, his voice clearer, his gaze more focused.

"W-what?"

"Can. It. Be. CURED?" said Obsidian again, furrowing his brow.

"W-well... It can be treated, yes..." came the doctor's shaky reply. "But cured? Well..."

Obsidian couldn't take it. He slammed his hoof down, causing the bed to raise the half that supported his upper body a bit. Momentarily quelling his surprise, he snorted angrily.

"The conditions for my freeing from that stone hell were when a cure for this damnable disease was found! I'm here right now, so there has to be a way to rid me of it! There HAS to!" he shouted, causing the doctor to shrink back a few steps.

"W-well... there is an experimental procedure that could--"

"Do it."

"But it's highly dangerous! We don't even know if it could work! It--"

"I said DO IT. I will not be stuck here and left to rot while this disease continues to do what it did to me almost five thousand years ago."

"... yes, of course."

With that, the doctor left the room, leaving several ponies garbed in scrubs gawking outside of the room Obsidian had been put in.

This post has been edited by That Little Twerp: Jan 31 2013, 10:14 PM

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member
Members
512 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Wander stood back as they wheeled the stallion away, with no idea what to do. Even if he still had the authority of his house behind him, he doubted it'd do much here. Yet this was an opportunity he couldn't loose.

"Well bud, you know there's no better infiltrator than a shadow, how bout you let me steer for a little while, take a load off." the kirin whispered to the open air.

"Not a chance, demon. Your words are not to be trusted, and I shall not be responsible for any of your evil actions." Wander responded to himself without hesitation.

"Demon? I though I told you that I'm not a demon, a curse, an evil spirit, or any other outside force you've come up with, Sparkle. C'mon, I wanna know about the quadrimillennial living legend as much as you do. I'll get us there, and nothing more. Either that, or we let him leave and never know, what's it gonna be?"

"...Do it." Wander said after a few moments of consideration. And he let himself fade away as the other went about it's work. Following them was simple when on could slip through shadows. and soon they were in the medical wing, standing hidden from the view of their object of interest.

"Am I good or what? Have a nice little chat." The other said letting wander resume control. Wander was surprised that it kept it's word, but decided to dwell on it later, instead approaching the pony, his hood up and head down as usual.

"The Lion-maned Warhorse sits before me, weak but living. How is this?" he said when he came close.

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"If you are the grim reaper come for my soul, I regret to inform you that I'm not yet ready to depart this world." replied Obsidian, the adrenaline from moments before beginning to fade. "As for your question, it is simple; I asked the Princesses to seal me in stone until a cure for this vile disease that afflicts me was found."

"Call it cowardly or whatever you may wish, but my entire life is devoted to protecting Equestria, no matter what year it may be." he continued, narrowing his eyes at the pony-shaped figure before him. "My family and friends made peace with my decision, as did the princesses, and when I am free of this affliction's grasp, I shall resume my duties, simple as that."

Obsidian paused, coughing into a forehoof, and proceeded to wipe it off with a sanitary wipe from the nightstand next to him as he looked at whoever it was before him. "Now, you may know who I am, but I do not know who you are, or how you got in here... and I would like some answers."

This post has been edited by That Little Twerp: Jan 23 2013, 05:26 PM

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member
Members
512 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Tell him yes, being the Grim reaper would be so awesome! It's a job I could actually enjoy. Chatting up the saints, kick plotholes flanks, delivering death on a silver platter with a side of hay fries and a large drink, that's the life. Or rather the end of life as the case may be". Wander whispered to himself before shaking his head. The Other would not ruin this for him.

"Your's is not my soul to harvest. At least, I certainly hope it is not. To slay ones hero would be a sour victory at best." Wander responded with a deep bow.

"Who I am doesn't matter, and my name has been cast away for now. You can address me as Wander, if you wish, Gryphonsbane. One may say I am an admirer of yours. As for how I got here, I can honestly say that I do not know. It was of anothers doing." he said not wishing to inform one of his hero's of his own 'affliction'.

"Your deities preserved you in stone? That's ingenious. Fortunate as well, I must say. It's like meeting a pony sprung straight from the pages of legend! May...may I inquire after the nature of your disease?" he said trying to hide a mix of embarrassment and excitement he was feeling.

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"In my time, this disease had no name. I do not know if it has one in this day and age, but I digress. This... disease, if it can even be called that, eats at the inner magic all creatures need to live." said Obsidian, making a sour face. "It makes it painful to move, to breathe... to even sleep... Many a soul has gone mad from what ails me. Eventually, it shatters one's mind, essentially leaving nothing more than a bedridden vegetable."

"But..." he continued, wincing as he breathed in too sharply. "If I am awake in this day and age, then whatever this 'experimental procedure' is supposed to do, it will cure me. It just has to..." he said, sighing shakily.

"Otherwise all that I've sacrificed will be for naught."

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member
Members
512 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Wander felt a small pang of disappointment. He'd been hoping that the disease might shed some light on his onto his own condition, but they didn't sound similar to him. Still what the warrior suffered sounded horrendous. It' reminded him to acquire more medical texts when he could. Being unaware of such horrible things struck him with more fear than their existence itself.

"I am sorry, Warrior. The burden sounds great for even the stones to bear. I must hope for the success of your procedure. No, I say that I am certain in its success. After all, a figure such as yourself does not have a story that ends here." he said with a faint smile crossing his lips.

"It shall be something to see you in action once more."

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"I hope so too, Wander." he said, sighing. "I cannot bear to be stuck in here for much longer, lest madness claims me sooner than the disease can."

As if on cue, there was a knocking at Obsidian's door, and the bedridden warrior motioned for his guest to hide himself.

"Mister Blade? Are you awake?" came the voice of a mare, slightly muffled by the door.

"I am." was his reply. "You may enter."

A slight figure of a mare entered, garbed in a nurse's outfit.

"I have some good news, Mister Blade. Your request for the procedure's been approved... somehow..." she said, forcing a smile. "It should take a few days to acquire the materials necessary, as your affliction is primarily magical in nature. We'll have to request some materials from a contact that resides near Ponyville, and we'll need some time to inform our magicians of the situation."

"Understood. If you would, I'd like to get some rest." said Obsidian, feigning exhaustion.

"Of course, sir."

With that, the mare closed the door behind her, and all was silent once more.

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jan 23 2013, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member
Members
512 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Wander nodded silently at Obsidian's request and stood on his hind legs, hiding behind the door. He did his best not to breath till the nurse had left. He dropped back down as carefully and looked back to the bedridden warrior with a nod.

"So, you're healing will be soon. I wish there we're something that I could assist. If you are tired however, than I shall take my leave. It was an honor to be able to meet you." He said wondering how exactly he would leave.

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"And it was... interesting to meet you." replied Obsidian. Now that he was actually laying down in the bed, it was really quite comfortable... and soft... and within minutes, he found himself yawning and nodding off.

"Just..." he said in between yawns. "Just try not to make too much noise when you leave, alright?"

And just like that, Obsidian felt himself drifting off. He yawned once more, pulled up the blankets to his neck, and began snoring gently. Whether it was because he was tired, or because of the drugs being pumped through his system, he didn't know, but he welcomed the opportunity for some much needed sleep.

This post has been edited by That Little Twerp: Jan 24 2013, 12:22 AM

PM
Solaris
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 12:48 AM
Advanced Member
Members
512 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Wander nodded. He'd be finding his own way out. Know way he was risking letting the other take control again. He waited till there were no sounds out in the hall and slipped away, quite happy with how things had turned out. How many chances would one get like this? it was just too good to be true. If Gaia held one such wonder, he had to think of what else could possible be out there.

"Rest well warrior, may the strength of the dragons flow through you once more." he said doubting Obsidian could actually hear him, but saying it all the same.

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Jewels was not very subtle at all. But from the very act of acting like she belonged there, most guards let her be and go where she pleased. When she entered the hospital ward she put on a doctor's uniform for the heck of it. "Look! Its a life replica of that statue we saw outside!" Jewels stuck a tongue depressor in his mouth. "Say aaaaah." She commanded, a goofy massive grin on her face. "Like Aaaaah!" She opened her mouth big and wide to show what she meant.

PM
JM95
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member
Members
215 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Johnagold stuck his head around the corner of the door, only to see Jewels trying to do whatever Julies do to some poor pony in the hospital. You'd think he'd probably wonder just what the heck she was doing wearing that silly doctor's uniform and asking a pony to say 'aaah', but he and Jewels had been married for quite a while now; he was used to it. In fact, her shenanigans were part of the reason why he liked her so much. He gave a wide smirk.

"Julie," he whispered over to her. "Ah know it's temptin' to play doctor here, and all, but Gingy really does need to get to know Canterlot a little better 'fore she leaves for school." He chuckled a little bit.

Ginger Gold's head slowly poked around the corner, her face twisted into a grumpy pout. A lollipop nonchalantly hung from her mouth. She was not pleased with her parents' behavior at all today. First, they decided to take her on this time-waster of a tour, then her dad scared away a colt who just said 'hi' to her and asked if she wanted to be shown around the city, and now her mother....Who ever really understood what her mother did? It was just way more embarrassment than she could take.

"Please, mom," she grouched. "We need to finish the tour so I can go home and forget it ever happened."

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"But you're REALLY learning about Canterlot." Said Jewels with a big giant nod. "See? On the tour she never would have seen Gyphonsbane!" Jewels blinked at the stallion. "Tell me, were you cloned? You can be honest now, I'm just curious and fuzzy. Who wants a hug?"

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Obsidian woke with a start upon feeling something being shoved down his throat. Clearly, whoever this psychotic mare was, she needed to leave, NOW.

When she had told him to say "Ahh", he stayed silent, glaring a hole through her. Clearly, he wasn't the only one, as evidenced by her daughter.

"I am not a clone, I am the real deal, and no I would not like a hug." he said, keeping his voice loud enough to get his point across, but not loud enough to make it seem as though he were yelling. "I was just sleeping, when somepony decided to stick... something down my throat and woke me up!"

PM
JM95
 Posted: Jan 24 2013, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member
Members
215 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Ginger knew that things wouldn't end well if her mother kept bothering this guy. So she did the one thing that she knew would hopefully get her parents away: She provided another distraction. A rather sinister smile crept up her face.

"You know, mom, I don't believe you and dad ever showed me around the gift shop... I heard they're selling some really shiny new crystal snowglobes. And dad, maybe there'll be some new guitar picks to add to your collection."

Johnagold fell for the bait, just as planned. "The gift shop...We totally forgot the gift shop! How silly of me!" He trotted over to Jewels. "Julie! You hear that? Snowglobes! And guitar picks! And...Ah bet they have lava lamps, too!" Johnagold totally looked like a colt excited over christmas presents.

This post has been edited by JM95: Jan 24 2013, 02:41 PM

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Jan 25 2013, 03:05 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"But this is the actual factual Gryphons… OH CELESTIA! I'll be right back!" There was probably some Gryphonsbane plush that she could find and he could sign. If not she could make a cloud thing and make him sign it. And then keep it forever and ever and cherish it. Jewels zipped out of the room in a rush of dawn pink clouds in her wake.

PM
JM95
 Posted: Jan 25 2013, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member
Members
215 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Johnagold smiled and tipped his hat to Gryphonsbane, and then trotted after his wife. Hopefully, she wouldn't catch negative attention from the guards or explode or something on the way to the gift shop. He turned to Ginger. "You comin', Gingy?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few," she replied. She awkwardly smiled and waved to her parents as they went away, waiting for them to be out of sight before turning to the ancient Equestrian warrior.

"I'm so, so sorry," she said to him. "My parents, they're just...I don't even know."

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 25 2013, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Obsidian peeked out from under the pillow he'd obscured his vision with. Whoever that filly was, she was a lifesaver.

"In my experience, parents are supposed to be embarrassing, no matter the time period." he said with a chuckle, setting the pillow back down, and smoothing out the groove his face had worn into it.

"Sure, it might seem embarrassing now, but these are the kind of things you look back on and laugh about when you grow older." he continued, looking out through the window in the room.

"Just be glad you still have your family." he said, sighing. "If there's one downside to being trapped inside a statue for almost two thousand years, it's that by the time you're free, you have no idea of what became of your bloodline."

PM
JM95
 Posted: Jan 25 2013, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member
Members
215 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Ginger sighed. That's what a lot of ponies said. You'll look back on this and laugh. But how would she, when it really wasn't all that funny?

"I suppose," she muttered. "I didn't really mean that I didn't want them, but you saw them. That's what I have to deal with every day. A dad who's permanently stuck in the 5120's, or the 'Age of Metal', as he calls it, and a mom who has the attention span of a coffee-chugging squirrel."

She took a pause to rub her temples. " And the both of them just can't leave me alone...Sometimes I just need some time away from them, and I'll get plenty of that when I go off to school. Don't get me wrong, I love them and they're great when they're not spazzing around like they do, but it's refreshing to not have them being all weird and in my face."

Ginger Gold looked over at Gryphonsbane, and thought about what it felt like to be imprisoned like that for so long... It would no doubt be traumatic to suddenly wake up and learn that a couple thousand years have passed and that nearly everyone who was dear to you was dead and most likely forgotten. If her parents were gone...Deep down inside, she wouldn't be able to take it and would be reduced to a sad, crying little filly. "You're right," she said to him. "I should be lucky to have them...And to have been shut away from everything like that for two thousand years must have been painful. I know I wouldn't be able to deal with it very well."

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 25 2013, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"Personally..." said Obsidian, sighing. "I found myself wishing that my family would have objected to me being sealed in stone... That they fought to have me stay."

"The reason I'm even here... is because I'm sick. Before I was sealed, I was afflicted with a deadly disease, which--don't worry, you won't catch it if I breathe on you." he said, reassuring the filly of any concerns of how contagious his disease was. "But what it does to a pony is eat away at the inner magic all living things need to, well... live, and it's a painful process. It starts at the chest, spreads throughout the rest of the body, and when it reaches the brain... You can probably guess what happens then."

"However, a request has been made for the medical staff to gather the materials and mages necessary for this experimental procedure meant to get rid of this magical malady of mine."

This post has been edited by That Little Twerp: Jan 26 2013, 05:57 AM

PM

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat