Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Where are we again?, Aaaaaappleoosa!
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 21 2013, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

It had taken fully three days of walking to reach a town not instantly terrified of the large blue dragon as she lumbered into town. She could smell the fear in the air of the first town, the one that had sent its excess rain into the steppes. They had panicked wholesale and left the streets, barely taking the time to remove product from stands before slamming their doors shut and barring them with everything they could find. Thole would find there that no one was willing to talk to a pony they didn't know who was clearly mad for being around a Dragon of that size.

Another small town on their way yielded similar treatment except for the lone lawpony, he bravely, or foolishly came out to speak to the pair. He had hardly blinked when he saw Hoplite but upon spying Thole's flank he ushered them quickly out of the town.

The second town marked an end to Hoplite's supply of Aspirin, though it was only noticed when the pair were half a dozen miles away from the frontier town. She soon grew weary there after, not even making it to the end of the day before slumping down and requesting they stop for the day.

The following day was not enjoyable for either as they now stood within striking distance of the rather large settlement of Appleoosa, "Well this looks big enough, maybe they will not freak out quite as badly? I recall them being rather welcoming last time I was around, though it might have been a few days before they realized I wasn't there to burn anything down." She smiled faintly, through teeth grit in pain.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"Hah. Pff. I don't. I don't care. If they have an inn. That's all I want. No more sun. Just one little bit of shade." Thole puffed, the thick dust of the Appleoosan hardpan, coupled with the nonstop flat glare of the lightbulb in the sky and the total lack of wind having slowly sapped his strength over the course of the day. The load he labored under had started off bearable enough, but days of toting something equivalent to his own body weight had taken its toll with no Earth Pony nature magic to draw from. He was strong and tough, but his endurance wasn't quite up to the purely eldritch standards of his hardworking cousins.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 12:15 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

Of course there was that, she couldn't see Thole, but she had surmised from his breathing and his lack of conversation that he was dealing with the situation about as well as she was. Which is to say, not particularly well, or much worse. She had to get him out of the light bulb before it cooked him in his hide. Her body however was still too battered to carry the load, she could hover in theory drag it using her hind legs and tail for primary forward momentum. "I think you should go ahead, you're suffering worse than I am, go on ahead and I'll drag the load or something." She let out a sigh, "I can manage that much and I won't have you die here trying to carry this the whole way." She gently face palmed, "Goddesses I should have taken some of that from you days ago!"

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"I'm not going to die, you silly lizard. I'm just tired. Tired, tired, tired." Thole said, craning his neck backwards against the bags in a futile attempt at a stretch. Heaving a sigh at the knots in his back and their refusal to go away, the crystal pony licked his dust-filmed lips and decided to make a start on the remaining distance between himself and a real, honest to goodness bed. "Come on, the longer we sit here and jaw the more my knees hurt."
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

"Well it's not as if I can visually assess your condition, you sound in rough shape. However," She said starting to walk again, roughly in the right direction, "If you are OK to continue then lets go, you deserve a nice soft bed and drinks that you enjoy and every comfort imaginable." She said seriously, Thole was carrying her burden and his own, acting as a pack mule when he shouldn't have to. She knew she wasn't in so terrible of shape that she couldn't have carried some of it all. As they started she gestured ahead of them with her head, "You make the pace, I'll follow you, alright?"

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"Every comfort imaginable?" Thole asked after a silent moment spent scheming as furiously as he was able to in his current, depleted state. The slow, methodical, one-hoof-after the other pace that he naturally adopted under the heavy load made sure that there was plenty of time to gauge the approximate span of the word every in this instance.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 22 2013, 10:42 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

The slow pace suited Hoplite as she too mulled over the wording, she'd given him leeway with it, partly to help him along and give him a goal; accidental though it may have been. Each step for her jostled her insides and reenforced the ache her chest was experiencing. The last jaunt felt like a near eternity, the goal in sight, but still far enough away that dashing onward would not get them the whole way there. It was agonizing, but eventually they made it.

The town got a little quieter, but most ponies were too busy doing other things to notice or care about a dragon that wasn't rampaging. Hoplite was forced to follow thole's deadened chimes through the streets until he found somewhere acceptable to stop.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

Thole's hooves guided themselves with minimal interference from his brain as his wild plans grew more and more tame with each step. Sharp whiskey and saucy barmares? Not today. The biggest meal on the menu with a side order of the second biggest meal? No way. A warm bath followed by a soft bed in a cool, dark room? Now that sounded like a good time. A bit of the information streaming unheeded into the pack pony's forward-staring eyes filtered into his subconscious, and he turned towards the first and only building marked as an inn that he came across. Almost there.

The thought coaxed a bit of Thole's carefully-hoarded energy to the surface, where it sacrificed itself on the altar of his enthusiasm to help fuel his dogged march up the short step and onto the saloon's patio. Lowering his head and nosing through the double doors wearily, he picked the first empty table to sit at and started the process of jerking buckles loose from their moorings and allowing belts to slide through loops. In just a few moments, the heap of packs clinging to Thole like a three hundred and fifty pound limpet slumped to one side and thunked onto the floorboards, accompanied by an audible sigh of relief as its bearer gratefully clambered into a nearby chair and let his head flop onto the table with a jarring clang.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

Hoplite followed him in, her gait more deliberate by virtue of her longer legs and needed to maintain a stride that kept her behind her pony. When he rushed she felt no specific need to follow after him, he wasn't running away, just trying to get into the shade. The dragoness understood empirically why Thole was in such a hurry, though she had little experience herself. The sun even at its brightest didn't bother her, dry air was as nice to her as any. The hardest part of the trip for her was the pain of walking and the relost freedom of flight.

She trundled around toward Thole, and rounded the table, carefully pushing the chairs on the other side to another table so she could sit on the wooden floor. As she did the waitress pony arrived; she set down a pitcher of water and a pair of cups while sending wary glances at the dusty, dirty Dragon. After she was sure said dragon wasn't about to eat her or Thole for that matter she addressed Thole, "Hey there, you look tired and hungry, how's about I get you somethin' to eat then get you a room." She sat back on her haunches and pulled out a pad and pencil which she held in her hooves. The Earth pony rattled off a few light meal choices and waited. Perhaps unsurprisingly, nearly everyone was somehow apple related.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"The fruit salad sounds okay. I feel like if I eat anything too rich right now I won't get to hang on to it for very long, you know? Also, a hot bath would be great. Do you have hot water?" Thole responded, lifting his chin off the table and replacing it with his elbows, allowing his considerable weight to rest on the sturdy wooden platform. He gave the waitress a perfunctory once over, as was his habit when faced with a mare he had never seen before; she was no great prize, but she wasn't exactly unattractive either. Her features and shape were finely balanced between homely and comely- the overall effect was best described as 'plain'. That she was no great knockout bothered him a bit, but not for any malicious reason.

The reason her lack of mid-to-upper-mid tier prettiness bothered him wasn't that looking at her was unpleasant. It was that an establishment picked its best-looking ponies to serve as waitresses and servers.

It boded ill of his chances of finding a pretty mare in Appaloosa to romp with, if this was counted among their best.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 11:48 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

Hoplite didn't notice, she mostly noticed the lack of attention she was getting from the waitress. At the same time she decided to not make much of an issue of it, if only to spare Thole having to pack up and get to a different Inn. She was after all concerned that her little pony might be a bit abused after the three day trek.

"Sure thing, got plenty of hot water and the best beds in all of Appeloosa." She said with a bit of long o, she however seemed to have tried to keep it low key. "Anything else you wanna put forward before I get you that meal?"

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 23 2013, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

Any other day. Any other day he would have taken the proffered opening and made a pass at the waitress. Today, though, he just wanted to nibble at a small snack and then go and lie in a tub of hot water for four hours, and he was fairly sure that having company would make relaxing quite difficult indeed.

"No, I think we're fine. Unless you want something, Hoppy?" he said, turning his attention to his mistress since she had been somewhat neglected during the entire exchange.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 12:07 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

"A pitcher of apple juice, cold." She said with a smile, cold was important, even though she tolerated heat well, she still needed to cool off and a gallon of apple juice sounded like it would hit the spot without risking shenanigans like hard cider might.

The mare wrote it down with a curt nod before storing the pad and pencil and trotting off to the kitchen. There weren't a whole lot of other ponies in the saloon, but those that were fell into two camps, those watching with a wary eye the large dragon in the room or those too drunk to bother.

As she heard the mare trot off Hoplite clicked a few times at Thole, an act she had done rather sparingly in the last few days. She was greeted by a less than lecherous face, he normally was more eager and flirtatious. The dragoness for a moment entertained the idea that she had somehow broken Thole and that was not a particularly pleasing thought. "Are you doing alright? You didn't even make the barest pass at her."

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 12:51 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"I'm fine, I just don't feel like trying to entertain tonight. All I want for the next eight hours is a snack, a big tub full of hot water, and a bed in a dark room so I can just be ridiculously lazy for a while. All of this proactive horse-crap is killing me. My hooves are sore, my back aches, my left knee hurts and sister, I haven't been this dusty in...ever. I'm supposed to be shiny, for pity's sake! I hate deserts." Thole said, reeling out a bit of a rant before stopping himself. It wasn't worth the effort. All he wanted to do is sit and recover a bit.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

"More than eight hours I should hope. A few to relax in the bath, a little to eat and then all the time you need to rest up." She smiled warmly in Thole's direction, "You're tired, love, far more tired than I had thought you would be. Clearly I have been bound to the ground and walking for far too long." She shook her head, the waitress taking a moment to pass by with food for Thole and the pitcher and a glass for Hoplite, though the later would prove to be rather unnecessary to the Dragoness.

She waited for the Waitress to make a momentary offer for anything else before she went off again, then left if Thole had nothing to add.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"No, I'm just not in the greatest shape. I suppose there's no need for anything drastic like going to jog every morning, since toddling along in your wake will see me into more exercise than I could ever want, but a job in a massage parlor doesn't really call for a lot of constant, strenuous activity. That and when your hide is a giant magnifying glass, sunshine becomes a real problem, you know?" Thole said, nodding to the waitress as she took her leave and starting to pick at his food idly, waiting for his appetite to kick in now that he was out of the heat and starting to cool off a bit.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

"Ahhh yes, that would be something of a problem wouldn't it." Hoplite said as she grasped her entire pitcher in one clawed hand, "That said, will you be wanting company for your time in the tub, maybe not in the tub, I'd rather not cause everything in the water here to adhere to your hide." She smirked and took a long drag from the pitcher, it was cold and tasted exactly as expected; like apples. The cool drink wasn't quite gems and booze, but it had a 'down home' taste that she liked in pony foods.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 08:52 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"If you want to sit around and listen to me natter like a moron while I wait to see how long it takes for crystal to get waterlogged, I'd love to have you along, but it'll probably be boring. Well, unless you suddenly decide to get frisky and take advantage of me while I'm tired and relatively helpless, but I suppose that's not the worst fate I could suffer at your hands." was his teasing reply as he continued to nibble halfheartedly at the small plate of chopped fruit in front of him. For some reason, he still wasn't terribly hungry, and was starting to contemplate simply giving up on eating his meal here and now. Taking it with him to whatever room they were given to deal with later was sounding like a much better option.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

Hoplite wanted to reach out and rub Thole's head but he was just out of reach, "You're not a moron and I would love to hear you natter on, you've hardly been talkative over the last few days and I miss that. Besides, someone should be there to pull you out of the tub in case you decide to take an impromptu nap." She stuck her tongue out a little, then sucked it back in before taking another monstrous swig from the pitcher.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"Oh yes, a likely excuse. Making sure I don't drown in the tub. Are you sure you're not just aiming to catch me in a tight space with no way to the door but through you? I'm going to be pounced upon just as I start to relax, aren't I?" he shot back, the natural pattern of banter between the two of them beginning to reassert itself now that Thole wasn't lightheaded from heat exhaustion and Hoplite wasn't grimly plodding across the plains with a broken rib.
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 24 2013, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

That was a thought that had not occurred to her in days, literally days. The soreness in her chest and long trek had ensured that if nothing else she was not horny at that moment. Just thinking about it though was enough to kindle the sparks in her, "Well maybe, but I wouldn't need to get you stuck in a bathtub to do that."

A pony that was sitting too nearby groaned and shuffled away to the bar, she'd need a stiff drink to forget that thought. A pony screwing a dragon, what a waste of sparkly stallion.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 25 2013, 01:19 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"Are you kidding? If I was stuck in a bathtub, you wouldn't even really be able to get to me. I could see you daintily perching yourself in the tub, but actually sitting down would be a real chore. There wouldn't be nearly enough room for both of us." said sparkly stallion retorted, shooting a glance at the squeamish mare who had stalked off to find a whiskey to nurse. Some ponies. "Speaking of procrea....ahem, recreational activities, I bet the general store around here has a stock of condoms. Just, you know. For your information."
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 25 2013, 02:01 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

She huffed indignantly, "Yes yes. My rear is large and ungainly, I got it." She rolled her eyes and snorted too, overplaying her annoyance at an obvious situation that would be difficult and probably painful. The mention of prophylactics however turned her mood, while condoms would be useful, she wasn't sure how well they would stand up to friction and electrical assault. Better to test such measures when their reliability was not paramount.

Hoplite shifted in place for a few moments, "Lets not talk too much about it, I'm nearly through and in another few days I'll be able to control myself quite well without medication, relief or other hindrance." She smiled, it probably wasn't what Thole wanted, a return to the reserved dragoness of before, but she hated how much control she lost during heat. That Thole spent so little time in the last near week screwing her senseless and enhancing that feeling of helplessness was to her the most precious of gifts he'd given her so far. Her smile and blind gaze at the space over Thole's shoulder belied the warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about how good Thole was to her. "Besides," she said to the spot, "How exactly would you propose I find a shop that sold them without letting half the town know about my intimate activities. Then of course letting the helper pony know quite directly just how big my mate is so as to find the right size and everything. It would probably be best to wait until you've recovered."

She finished with a deep breath, something she'd been less focused on in the last few days, thankfully the dry air of the last few days had helped her keep well on the path to a safe and complication free recovery.

PM
Wahnsinniger
 Posted: Apr 25 2013, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
702 Posts
Joined 29-January 13

"Well, that's probably pretty good news. Some part of me is going to miss the extra attention though, if you know what I mean." Thole said, grinning at Hoplite's smiling face even as he decided to declare his salad a lost cause. Pushing the plate away, he sat back in his chair and listened to the rest of her little spiel. It was a little funny how she was talking to the open air just a bit over his head, but he didn't have the heart to call her out on it; the poor dear really did try. He felt that if he said something she might spend the rest of the day either staring straight ahead or talking to the table.

"Maybe so. Alright, don't worry yourself about it then. I'll handle it tomorrow or something."
PM
Lorventus
 Posted: Apr 26 2013, 12:30 AM
Advanced Member
Admin
736 Posts
Joined 25-January 13

"And don't worry about the pack, or the room. I'll deal with it, you my love are tired and sore and need to go relax." She held her hand up and snapped, the response was slow from the waitress, she didn't have other tables, however she also didn't want to respond to a snap.

"Yes?" She said a bit annoyed.

"A room, the bath my pony has requested and well actually that's about it." She ducked her head a bit, clicking until she found the Mare.

"Yeah, alright, next time though, wave, don't snap."

"My apologies, I can't see waving, it did not occur to me to not make some noise to garner your attention." She sighed, "Better a snap than a whistle?"

The mare took a long look at Hoplite's face then recoiled sharply, dead eyes. She'd seen a few in her life, that dead vacant look. She nodded, "Yeah, j-just wave next time. I-I'll go get a key." She took the first ffew steps backwards before turning and trotting toward the bar again.

PM

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat