Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

YAY! The Sun is Back! [OPEN]
azamonra
 Posted: Mar 21 2013, 07:27 PM
Members
7 Posts
Joined 25-February 13

Bloom Star sighed and glanced around the general area looking for something to easy her boredom but found nothing. As she tapped her hoof idly a thought occurred to her and she trotted off to fetch a gramophone and returned shortly with said object, “Dance part! Come on everypony, dance party!” she yelled before bringing the record player to life with a gently buck from her hind leg.

As the music filled the air Bloom Star stomped in time to the beat before springing up on the tips of her hooves and moonwalking around the general area, happily swaying her head with a wide grin, “WOOO YEAH!” she cried excitedly as she danced.

Grape Vine gave a disdainful grunt as she heard the music pick up and scowled at the pony dancing around oblivious to how ridiculous she looked, “I came here to relax while I'm off duty, not watch some mad pony shake her flanks” she grumbled mostly to herself. She turned back to the table she was sitting at and downed her drink, trying to ignore both the dancing Unicorn and her own sense of loneliness...not that she would admit to that last part.

Petal Shard raised a quizzical eye brow at the dancing pony and noted the comment by the Unicorn sitting at the table next to hers, “nor did I, though it is a rather enjoyable sight...rather enjoyable indeed” she mused with a slight smile. Petal didn't care much for dancing, not modern flailing around at any rate though she did enjoy watching young shapely mares engaging in the activity. No Petal would rather waltz with a mare then randomly kick her legs every which way.

Still it was fascinating to her to watch ponies cluster and organise themselves however haphazardly as they danced to particular music.

Mist Haze smiled softly as the music played and gently bobbed her head along to the beat for wincing when she suddenly found a hoof jutted in front of her, “wanna dance cutie?” a voice asked. Mist looked up to find the Earth Pony that had started the impromptu dance party standing in front of her with a welcoming smile, “um ok...sure” Mist said softly as she took the other mare's hoof and was quickly pulled onto the space that had become the dance floor and was twirled around before being released to dance as she liked.

Mist froze for a second when she realised she was in a spot where everypony could see her but the enthusiastic dancing of the other mare and the music soon loosened her up and she started stepping in time with the music in a happy if slightly subdued dance.

As Mist danced she became aware of a pony next to her, “may...may I join your revelry fair maiden?” the pony asked. Before Mist could formulate an answer she noticed that instead of legs the pony next to her was standing slightly unevenly on a mass of tentacles, “I'd love to dance with you...I mean if you want that is, which you do otherwise you wouldn't have asked” Mist said with a slightly awkward giggle. She wasn't sure what the pony she was now dancing with exactly but she was friendly and nice and that was enough for Mist.

Sea Holly looked out over the vast expanse of water she had just left behind and wondered if she was really up for this new challenge. This wasn't the first time she had been on the surface, she had prepared for her new life by spending time on island soars but this was the first time she had ever left the water with the intent of going inland and what was more, making a permanent home there, “I can do this, it's my destiny” she whispered to herself, casting a glance at the Cutie Mark adorning her flank for reassurance. Before she could dwell on her doubt any further the sound of music suddenly filled the air, “Land Ponies...” she breathed as she moved closer to the source of the sound and found a group of ponies engaged in some sort of party.

Sea Holly hesitated before spotting a member of the variant Land Pony breeds, Air Ponies, dancing in a slightly awkward but still merry way. Sea Holly hadn't realised she was moving toward said Air Pony until she was um standing? Yes, standing next to her, “may...may I join your revelry fair maiden?” Sea Holly asked timidly. The Air Pony's response was an even more timid but friendly invitation to join her. Sea Holly smiled and did her best to dance, though she hadn't quite got her land legs yet but the Air Pony didn't seem to mind.

As far as first impressions went Sea Holly decided this was a triumph.

Lilt lifted her eye from her book and glanced over the seen, the sight of a mare with tentacles for legs only giving her cause to pause on the sight for a moment before returning to the chapter on transmogrification spells and their limitations and durations. Lilt sighed as she reread the same paragraph for the seventh time before excepting that the music and general merrymaking of the other ponies was to detracting to give her book the attention it required, “I suppose there are worse things than dance parties to detract me from my studies...” she mused as she closed her book and considered trying her hoof at dancing but decided just to watch for now.

This post has been edited by azamonra: Mar 21 2013, 08:27 PM

PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat