Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

A new hope: The Solar Flare Ignites!
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

How long had it been since the invasion, since the incident in the meadow where the changelings had become flutter ponies? Solar wondered that as he had arrived in Mane-Ji. While he couldn't feel the cold itself, he could tell how cold it was not only from the way his breath had fogged in the air, but from the heat-haze surrounding him. This region got hit really hard, didn't it? he wondered, looking around as he was unfamiliar with the region. He had a very crazy idea, which was the reason why he was here. His talent, the same talent that had been responsible for shattering his dreams in Cloudsdale- quite possibly the trigger to his being the target of those pranksters to begin with, was going to be his greatest asset during this crisis.

The biggest problem, however, was that he had no clue how long it would last- both his stamina and the warmth he could bring to this region. He knew he'd need help- something to prevent him from burning out while heating up- perhaps some spell-ponies in this strange land would be able to help him out. He noted the strange looks he was being given as he passed some of the Mane-jise civilians, having been unaccustomed to an equestrian in their lands, let alone one who was radiating with heat. In all honesty, he'd preferred to be participating in the search party for the princesses after the invasion, but he knew he was needed here- he knew that he couldn't leave the Mane-jise to freeze.

"Oh Celestia...please...help us through this.." he silently prayed, although he knew that his prayers were bound to be unheard- she had bigger things to worry about, after all. He had to think about finding a fix to the drawback before he could even start. However, some ponies seemed to already pick up on the fact that he was here to help- a pair of mares sauntering over to each side of him, brushing against him as he stopped to think of where he was supposed to go. As they nuzzled him, they let out soft sighs of satisfaction- feeling the colt's warmth wash over them. His face turned a little pink, but he couldn't do anything about this at the moment as both mares had pretty much sandwiched him just to warm up.

Solar Chaser//Male//Pegasus
Hex Mark//Male//Earth Pony
Focal Prism//Male//Unicorn ((Profile coming soon))
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Aurora let out a little gargle at seeing the mares cuddle up to Solar Chaser… The Changeling-esque dragon hadn't really had the best of times in Mane-ji, having been attacked a few times, and was a bit antsy. There were other dragons as well here… They hadn't really attacked her at the very least. Though the reactions to some people to Solar Chaser hadn't been overly good either at times.

They did blame Equestria for their troubles... Political turbulence. Muttered something in her mind.

She could remember a time where she would just eat those creatures. She'd eat everything. "Mmmmeeeeer." Aurora shook her head. "Mmmmaaare."

That was the word, that was for sure.

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"Well, it will take Captain Sea Salt a couple of hours to resupply and refuel and then I'll be heading back to Equestria to help with the search for the Princesses," Kashi says as she walks away from the white crystal pony upon whose Airship they had travelled to Mane-ji. She didn't expect any of the commoners to be able to understand Equestrian, but just to be on the safe side she lowers her voice a bit, "We'll head to the local leader's house in a bit, but first let's wait for word of our arrival to spread and a crowd to gather. Here;"

She hands him a basket of chestnuts before continuing, "Here, use your heat to roast these and then hand them out to the kids. Show them what you can do and give them a bit of a treat at the same time. Remember, you're going to represent Equestria to these ponies. To them you might as well BE Equestria. You have to be kind and gallant, but so, so powerful that no one would dare raise a hoof against you. And for Celestia's sake, make sure you control your bloody dragon. If you can manage to pull this off we might still avoid war,"

This post has been edited by Queshire: Feb 20 2013, 05:10 PM
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Celestia. The word vibrated around in her mind, echoing loudly as it bounced around haphazardly. Aurora shuddered for a moment, a tingling coming over her changeling-esque body. The dragoness sneezed, letting loose a glob of spider web silk. Her skin crackled then broke apart suddenly, and most of it fell off easily. Aurora looked down at herself… Not knowing what she was looking at. Essentially she looked like a griffin with parrot colors. Without the wings. Her eyes were the same lenses they had been before.

Green, boisterous and colorful. "For Celestia's sake, make sure to control your bloody dragon. If you can manage to pull this off we might still avoid war." Said Aurora in perfect mimicry of Kashi. As far as words went, she didn't sound anything like Kashi.

Aurora wasn't sure all of what she was actually saying, but she was speaking astonishingly well for her stumbling over the simplest of words moments ago.

PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Solar managed to pull himself away from the mares who used him as a heating pad, looking at Aurora as she acknowledged the fact that the two were mares. "Aurora, it's ok.." he reassured the dragon, only for a basket of chest-nuts to be hooved to him. Keeping the basket close, the colt began to think of different things that had gotten to him- intensifying the heat for a bit to allow for the intended result. When Kashi explained what he was supposed to do- how to present himself, Solar gave a smirk, his eyes shifting to gold as a sign he was ready to take it seriously. "Come on- I am not that much of a-" he went to defend himself, only to stop when he saw Aurora start to shift again- her body shifting, save for her size and her eyes, into a wingless parrot-colored griffon- and she even mimicked Kashi's words.

"This is just like last time.." he commented before looking at Kashi. "I hate to be a bother, but would you be able to look after Aurora while I am busy? " he asked, giving the pegasus a glance- his eyes betraying the real purpose for Kashi to know: Solar wasn't sure if he was going to come back from this- he'd rather not have Aurora- who had grown so fond of him- to see him perish if this all went south.

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 10:51 PM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"Ha! No." She snarks grabbing one of the chestnuts out of Solars hoof and handing it to one of the little baby Kirin, or Qilin staring up at the odd group of foreigners with wide wondering eyes. She smiles hugely at him and waves him off before turning back to Solar and continuing, "1) I'm rather busy myself. I have irons in the fire ya know, all the irons. 2) I can't stand kids, drippy little messy things that they are, and make no mistake, regardless of how old she is, she is still a kid, papa, 3) Quite a few countries around this area look highly on dragons, a good number even treat dragons as gods. I wonder what they'll think when they see the Equestrian envoy raising a dragon? Particularly with the stories of Lady Twilight Sparkle and Sir Spike that due to distance and the natural progression of story have most likely been warped horribly, and 4) That is the self-same dragon who nearly demolished half of ponyville and left your miserable self with broken wings and whatever other injures you had before whatever it was that healed you happened. Though the form has changed, I rather doubt its combat abilities have decreased any. Quite the valuable asset when some bully boys decide to make an example of you, don't you agree? Just try to keep it quiet, the last thing we need at this point is it squawking off state secrets in front of someone who actually speaks Equestrian."
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Aurora, it's ok..."

"Come on- I am not that much of a-"

"This is just like last time.."

"I hate to be a bother, but would you be able to look after Aurora while I am busy? "

"Ha! No. 1) I'm rather busy myself. I have irons in the fire ya know, all the irons. 2) I can't stand kids, drippy little messy things that they are, and make no mistake, regardless of how old she is, she is still a kid, papa, 3) Quite a few countries around this area look highly on dragons, a good number even treat dragons as gods. I wonder what they'll think when they see the Equestrian envoy raising a dragon? Particularly with the stories of Lady Twilight Sparkle and Sir Spike that due to distance and the natural progression of story have most likely been warped horribly, and 4) That is the self-same dragon who nearly demolished half of ponyville and left your miserable self with broken wings and whatever other injures you had before whatever it was that healed you happened. Though the form has changed, I rather doubt its combat abilities have decreased any. Quite the valuable asset when some bully boys decide to make an example of you, don't you agree? Just try to keep it quiet, the last thing we need at this point is it squawking off state secrets in front of someone who actually speaks Equestrian."

It was a fair fear that Kashi had, The parrot dragon was copying everything they said. Time Aurora. Fire. Countries. Dragon. Ponyville. Wings. Equestria. Aurora didn't understand most of the words being presented to her. These she did though.

This post has been edited by yewphoria: Feb 20 2013, 10:59 PM

PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 20 2013, 11:37 PM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Listening to Kashi's objection, which had been parroted by Aurora, Solar sighed and knelt down, passing around some more chestnuts to the qilin colts and fillies, who were gathering around to the warm-spot that had seemed to arrive for them. Looks like his plan to get Aurora away from Mane-Ji incase he got hurt was going to be tougher to acchomplish than he thought. However, the pony had walked over to Kashi, bringing his mouth to her ear as he whispered his intentions- being certain that Aurora wouldn't pick up on it. "She has grown very attached to me- who know what she'll do if she sees me get hurt in this land." he started bluntly before continuing. "I am asking for your help to prevent her from going crazy- I don't know if I'm coming back from this, and I'd rather her not have to see something bad happen to me." he added, hoping to justify his point to Kashi, only to smile and serve some more of the chestnuts, drawing the eyes of the older natives.

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 12:38 AM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"Soly, Soly, Soly," She sighs shaking her head at the foolishness of the world. She takes a couple steps away before turning back to Solar with a smile that shows a few too many teeth on her face, "I do believe that you misunderstand my intentions. I am not a nice pony. I have a certain... investment in you. Time, training, calling up that old bastard Sea Salt to transport you here. I own you. And no one. NO. ONE. takes my possessions from me. You're worried about your little dragon going on a rampage? HA! Let's get one thing straight here bub. If you even think about dying then I will raze this quaint little backwoods hamlet to the ground, tear open the gates of death, and haul you back out, understand?"

She pauses and a sly look comes on her face, "Hm~ And I rather doubt I would be the only one, or do you think that little Earth Pony you were making cow eyes at back in Ponyville will just sit around doing nothing should you disappear?"

"So let's make this perfectly and utterly clear. You will not die. You will show these Qilin just why Equestria rules the world. You will be the perfect gentlecolt, the perfect hero. You will be generous. You will be courteous. You will be kind. And if anyone should take your kindness for weakness, you will show them just how wrong they are. You will do this not with Earth Pony Strength, or Unicorn Magic, but with Pegasus Cunning, and to top it all off you will do all this while babysitting a dragon. You don't want it to rampage? Then don't die."
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 12:41 AM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Soly, Soly, Soly."

"I do believe that you misunderstand my intentions. I am not a nice pony. I have a certain... investment in you. Time, training, calling up that old bastard Sea Salt to transport you here. I own you. And no one. NO. ONE. takes my possessions from me. You're worried about your little dragon going on a rampage? HA! Let's get one thing straight here bub. If you even think about dying then I will raze this quaint little backwoods hamlet to the ground, tear open the gates of death, and haul you back out, understand?"

"Hm~ And I rather doubt I would be the only one, or do you think that little Earth Pony you were making cow eyes at back in Ponyville will just sit around doing nothing should you disappear?"

"So let's make this perfectly and utterly clear. You will not die. You will show these Qilin just why Equestria rules the world. You will be the perfect gentlecolt, the perfect hero. You will be generous. You will be courteous. You will be kind. And if anyone should take your kindness for weakness, you will show them just how wrong they are. You will do this not with Earth Pony Strength, or Unicorn Magic, but with Pegasus Cunning, and to top it all off you will do all this while babysitting a dragon. You don't want it to rampage? Then don't die." Mimicked Aurora.

Aurora then lowered her head to be on level with the qilin children, then reared up on her back legs to look around. She lowered herself slowly, making sure not to step on anyone, before wandering away for a moment. There was a ripping sound, and then she padded next to Solar Chaser again, putting the fruit tree down in front of the children to snack on.

Their parents growled disapprovingly at Aurora, she having torn down one of their trees. "What the hell? Knock it off!" Hissed one of the qilin in their native tongue. Aurora repeated them, making their tail fluff out in rage.

PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Kashi's admonishment was blunt- and even a little scary as Solar just imagined what kind of hell Kashi would raise if he were to kick the bucket. He did not like the idea of being 'owned' by Kashi, although he decided not to say anything on the matter as she brought up Summer- the earth pony he met back in Ponyville. He could not understand why- but Kashi's impromptu speech had actually roused him. While it was blunt and harsh if someone took it literally- Solar couldn't help but feel a little more confident in this. "You're right..." he smirked and nodded. "I won't let You, Equestria, or Mane-Ji down!" he added to reiterate his resolve, only for his ears to perk when an unmistakable sound was heard.

~RIIIIP~

Aurora had come back, having ripped up a fruit tree from the ground somewhere nearby and brought it down for the young qilins. He had heard the disapproving words twice- Aurora having repeated them like the parrot she looked like, and Solar sighed, placing the chestnut basket down for the qilins to share- flying over to Aurora, a look of disappointment on his face.

"Aurora!" he called to get her attention, letting out a soft sigh as he looked her in the lenses she had for eyes. "I take my eyes off of you for one second- and you do this?" he asked, referring to the tree, but he saw the fruit being taken by the qilin children- he realized what she tried to do. She had followed his example in trying to feed the foals- and thought the best way was to rip up a fruit tree and bring it to them. "I know you want to help- but that was more bad than good." he said slowly, hoping she would understand before looking at the adults. "I do apologize for her antics." he apologized, although he could tell from their eyes they were not amused before he looked back at the dragon.

"Aurora...I need you to be on your best behavior...do you understand?" he asked, hoping she could grasp what he had hoped to tell her. He had no experience with it, but the qilins that listened in and those who could understand Equestrian language had been a mix of amazed and shocked when they saw the pony was acting alot like a parent- or at the very least an older brother- when he was much younger than her.

PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Aurora!"

"I take my eyes off of you for one second- and you do this?"

"I know you want to help- but that was more bad than good."

"I do apologize for her antics."

"Aurora...I need you to be on your best behavior...do you understand?"

Aurora understood the general gist of it once she was done mimicking his every word. He did not approve. And that she got more off his expression than his words. There was a muttering in her mind that she did not understand. Aurora's shoulders drooped and she looked away. She had upset the Yellow Pony.

PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 21 2013, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

"Aurora, look..." he said in a softer tone, seeing her body language as he flew closer, hugging her gently. "I don't like being upset at you...Just please, be careful- ok?" he asked, nuzzling her gently to get the point across that he wanted to make peace- he didn't want this to get any worse- over the time he had been away from Cloudsdale, Kashi, Summer, Aurora...they were the only friends he made- he didn't want to have a bond break over something as trivial as an uprooted tree.

After a while, he broke the hug, looking at the tree again. It was uprooted completely- no damage to the roots...which gave him an idea that spread a smile on his face. "Come on- I got an idea." he told the dragon, flying over and gesturing to the tree- making motions to convey that he wanted the dragon to pick up the tree- flying over to the hole in the ground and made another motion, symbolizing planting the same tree.

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Feb 22 2013, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

'Hrm, a bit rough, still quite a bit of work to do until he's able to stand on his own four hooves, but we're making progress. Hopefully this little trip will help him gain some confidence.' She thinks as Solar directs Aurora to replant the tree when something catches her attention out of the corner of her eye, 'Uh-oh. That looks like trouble,'

She demurely steps behind Solar to act out the role of the mighty hero's assistant as a rather fancily dressed and rather fat earth qilin doesn't so much run as waddle up to the group.

<"By King Yama's stamp! What in the ten courts of hell is going on here! Accursed Equestrians, is it not enough that your heathen gods steal our sun and moon but you come here to uproot our very trees! I will not have it! Guards! Guards! Arrest them! Oh why won't anyone do their job and arrest them?"> He cries out in his own native language.

Before the guards could move in on our heroes, his own assistant, another Earth Qilin but this one as professionally dressed as he was fancily and as lithe as he was fat, steps forward and clears her throat, <"Lord Magistrate, please forgive my interruption. While cowardly and duplicitous the Equestrians are known to possess strange and powerful abilities. You have heard the stories of the Sun Goddess' pet witch yes? Might it not be wise to invite them to your manor where we can keep an eye on them until the imperial army can be contacted?">

<"Hrm, no, no, that won't work at all."> The Magistrate muses, his various chins jiggling as he thinks deeply on the problem, <"Ah! I've gotten it! We will invite them to the manor and keep an eye on them until the army can be contacted! Make it so Scribe,">

<"A brilliant plan as always Lord Magistrate,"> She says bowing to her boss before turning to the group and saying in oddly marecian accented Equestrian, "The Lord Magistrate welcomes you to our village and wishes to invite your august personages to rest and recover from your long journey at his humble home,"

Not taking the chance of Solar screwing something up, Kashi steps forward and replies with the same tone of formality, "On behalf of Sir Solar Chaser we humbly accept your generous offer and we offer you this gift in hope of eternal fraternity between our two nations."

Slowly and carefully, as if she was preforming some sort of dance (which in many ways these diplomatic interactions where) Kashi goes over to the pile of luggage outside the airship and returns with a tiny little bonsai tree grown through earth pony magic into the shape of one of their snake like dragons so popular in these parts.
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 22 2013, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Aurora nuzzled him back, likely setting him off kilter for a moment as he flew. She picked up the tree as he pointed to it. She put the tree back down where he pointed at it. Aurora nuzzled the pegasus again. She repeated all that those before her had said as well, getting quite a few annoyed looks from the qilin.

PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 22 2013, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

As Aurora had followed his instructions, Solar had zipped over to pat the dirt down- ensuring the tree was secure and would be able to continue to thrive. A soft smile on his face, the pegasus was nuzzled by Aurora before they turned to face the Magistrate and the Scribe- both of whom looked furious- and their words reflected it. He had studied Mane-jise for this occasion, and he was able to comprehend each and every word, though he held his tongue as Kashi greeted them in Equestrian- perhaps unaware of what they had been saying. They planned on keeping them close before trying to arrest them- which was not going to happen by any stretch- not if these ponies wanted to keep their land warm. It was then that Aurora had repeated their words, annoying the qilin- and prompting Solar to step in.

"It would be an honor, sir." he replied as Lord Magistrate and the scribe accepted the bonsai trees- impressed with the appearance of them.

<"And I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for Aurora's actions.> he started in their tongue, surprising the scribe, who stared at him with a mix of flattery and fear- the fact he knew their language and could speak it for the former, the latter for the fact he had understood their intentions. However, she let out a silent sigh of relief as the pegasus did not seem to remove his smile- he had been a good sport about this so far.

<"It was not her intention, nor ours, to cause any more trouble than our home country, she had been attempting to emulate Lady Kashi and myself: that is, she had wanted to help feed the young colts and fillies of the village."> he continued, gesturing to the children, who had gathered closer to be within the distance of the warmer air- amazed that an Equestrian could do such a thing without a horn.

<"And I also apologize for her mimicry- she must have picked it up when she transformed into the parrot-like creature you see right now. She is probably going to be repeating my words right now- most of which she doesn't even understand."> he finished, taking a breath and acknowledging the looks on their faces.

Lord Magistrate was visibly astonished by this 'Accursed Equestrian's' grasp on the language, but smiled all the same.

<"Apologies accepted."> the fat qilin replied politely.

This post has been edited by Hex Mark: Feb 22 2013, 09:46 PM

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Well, I suppose smile is one term for what Magistrate did, however it was one "smile" that showed off a few too many teeth. Without saying another word he turns on his heels and starts waddling in the direction of the largest building in the village, leaving the Scribe to carry the bonsai tree and follow silently in his wake.

"You shouldn't have done that," Kashi whispers under her breath to Solar once the Magistrate and Scribe get a bit of a lead,"He's obviously fat off his own self-importance. You just made him look like a fool. He looks too cowardly to attack you directly, but expect to be put through a passive-agressive hell while you're here,"

Meanwhile, as the adults were talking, one of the braver Qilin village foals, a tiny little arcane qilin walks up to Aurora and stares up at her in rapture, "Aaaaaaaaa"
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Aurora stared at the foal qilin.

The unfamiliar tingle overcame her as her form shifted. The skin snapped and fell away as as she grew, what skin remained clung to her sides, but most of the feathery skin fell away and to the ground.

Aurora was taller, her mass remained the same… But she was bone thin. Lethally and terribly thin was her appearance. A few of the qilin ran off in terror. A hungry dragon was bad enough… But the level of hunger that Aurora looked to be displaying… A dragon would stop at nothing to sate it.

She was an emaciated dragon. Deathly thin, ribs poking out. So far gone that dirt only fills the void long enough for one to remember what it feels like to not be hungry, but provides so little nutrition that one's no better off for eating it.

Aurora let out a choking sound.

OOC: Thanks for the help on figuring this form Lor ^^

PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 23 2013, 11:21 PM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Solar looked at Kashi, who had admonished him for makign the magistrate look foolish, which was not his plan. However, she had warned him about a 'passive-agressive hell', which earned a brief somber look in his eyes. "Compared to Cloudsdale, that will be nothing.." he whispered back, only to hear a shriek of terror, turning around as he saw Aurora. "Oh for the love of- why now?" he asked aloud, going closer to the dragon to ensure he could keep her on a metaphorical leash, but he was genuinely concerned for the dragon's well-being. That kind of look and the sound she made could not have been good.

"Are you alright?" he asked, fishing through a satchel with his hoof- trying to find the food that he brought for the dragon.

This post has been edited by Hex Mark: Feb 25 2013, 11:47 AM

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Feb 25 2013, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Aurora's sudden transformation brought forth a shriek from the little foal in addition to several of the adults, but where the adults gave shrieks of terror or alarm, the little foals were unmistakably shrieks of delight.

"Aaa! Aaa!" The little foal vocalizes, waving its hooves about in the way that foals do when they're happy. If Aurora's goal was to scare the young one then she would have to work a whole lot harder.

This new development was nothing compared to the trials and tribulations the long suffering Scribe suffers under the idiotic Magistrate so she just ignored it with her normal stoic mask, however said idiotic Magistrate most certainly was not used such tom foolery. It is only with great and visible effort that he manages to restrain his anger, but even then little plums of fire clear out his nostrils with each breath.

'Hrm, I'd best nip that in the bud right now.' Kashi thinks noticing the Magistrate's actions, 'Hm... but how to do that? Tch, it would've been nice if Solly had put a little more thought into this scheme. At the very least given me some time to research the local leaders. Still, he seems to be considerably vain, perhaps I can appeal to that?'

"This is really quite the amazing village" She says out loud, "Pleas convey my deepest respect to Lord Magistrate. We have passed over many villages on our way here, and I must say that none have been as exemplary as this one in these times of trouble. The peace stands as a testament to your wise and just rule."

<"Hmph, a time of trouble that you Equestrians caused."> The Magistrate snorts after Scribe finishes translating for him. <"Still, it is nice to see that at least one of you has some measure of manners. Indeed, that is right. The peace and prosperity of this village is all the result of my tireless efforts! All hail me! I am great!">
PM
yewphoria
 Posted: Feb 25 2013, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member
Members
657 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

As the secret flash back ceased the dragoness shuddered as the tingling over overcame her. This was too weird. She kept on warping and changing and it was too weird. Aurora tried to scramble to remember the flash back, but it soon slipped out of her grasp again. She could remember an egg. And even that was gone after a moment. Like a dream you had just woken from, quick to fade. Her skin fell off as a much more filled form of the parrot returned. Were one keen and attuned to magic they might be able to taste the tingle of magic in the air from her rapid changes.

Aurora then repeat what everyone had said. After all that she answered Solar's question. "I'm... No." She managed to say after all that.

PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Feb 25 2013, 10:08 PM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Absolutely amazed that Aurora had managed to speak Equestrian more fluently after mimicing, Solar paused for a moment, but nodded and nuzzled her gently, intent on comforting her in any way he could. "I'm here for you- I promise, I will do what I can to help.." he assured the dragon, unsure what was wrong.

It would be about half an hour before they reached Lord Magistrate's manor, where Aurora had been accommodated in an area where she could see Solar, and where she would be pacified for the time-being, Kashi and Solar being left to discuss the matter with Lord Magistrate and his scribe. Taking a page out of Kashi's book, Solar looked around in awe at the opulent manor before looking in Lord Magistrate's direction.

"It is a real honor to be here in such an exquisite manor." he commented, earning the scribe a somewhat incredulous look. Picking up on the fact it could have been condescending, the pegasus smiled. "No, really- the beauty of this manor is unlike anything back in Equestria." he added genuinely, and as the scribe translated, Lord Magistrate had a look that could only be perceived as satisfaction when somepony gave him the respect he believed he deserved.

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Mar 3 2013, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Here, in the center of his power, on the social battlefield that he knew so well the Magistrate visually seems much more relaxed and confident.

<"No, this is but a mere humble home for a lowly civil servant of the Emperor. I regret that in these times of trouble we do not have anything more suitable to offer such great emissaries of the Kingdom of the Sun and Moon, but I beg of you, please, accept these meager offering while you recover from your long journey,"> The Magistrate says from behind his politician's smile as some servants set out a rather impressive spread of food. Of course, it should go without saying that this was just the first move in the magistrate's passive aggressive campaign. There were plates and plates of glittering gemstones and expertly roasted meat. All food that was good and well for a Qilin, but pretty much the only thing suitable in the whole spread for a Pony was the garnishes and some of the dipping sauces that come with the meal.

Luckily Kashi, in her role as Solar's aide, could get by with just demurely sipping tea, but she cuts her eyes across to see what Solar would do.
PM
Hex Mark
 Posted: Mar 5 2013, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member
Members
103 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Solar was no idiot, he could tell that this qilin had already made is move on the passive-aggressive campaign intended for the two with the unconventional spread of food. Was this qilin trying to poison them? For something that was out of Aurora's obliviousness to what was right and wrong, this seemed disproportionate. However, Solar smiled politely, already coming up with an alibi. "This is very generous of you, sir, but I apologize- I can not eat this.." he started, almost shooting himself in the hoof before he gave a remorseful look.

"I do not mean any disrespect, and the food looks and smells delicious, but I had actually eaten shortly before we arrived here." he started, stating his first reason. "Even so, it would be a shame to waste food on us mere foreigners. You need it more than we do, after all." he stated his second reason politely. Were it not for fear of retribution from Lord Magistrate, the servants would have admitted their admiration for the pegasi's benevolence as compared to their lord.

"But, if it is all the same to you, my lord, I would like to talk about the matter at hoof: this endless night, more specifically, the bitter cold that is steadily creeping upon this nation." he cut to the chase. Trying to rely on niceties alone would get them nowhere.

PM
Queshire
 Posted: Mar 8 2013, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member
Members
114 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

A snap of his foreclaws and a small army of servants surges forward to completely clear off the dishes, until only the teapot and requisite teacups were left. Any pretense of a smile, political or not, is stricken from the Magistrate's face as, for the first time he speaks in lightly accented Equestrian, "Yes. Let's cut to the chase-"

<"Ah! Lord Magistrate, perhaps I should-"> interrupts Scribe with a worried look on her face, but, nope, the magistrate would be having none of that.

<"Scribe."> He says sternly, <"You are very useful for handling the day to day matters and thus freeing me to concentrate on greater issues, however I am still the Magistrate here, and I will handle this. Perhaps you can show his scribe the grounds?">

Now, of course, when your boss suggests something, really he's ordering it, and so regretfully and with a worried look on her face, the scribe leads Kashi away.

"Now then, as you say the matter at claw. I am not happy. It is bad enough that your princesses make all the rest of the world kowtow to them out of fear of them stealing away the sun and the moon, but when that happens anyway after an internal conflict that I don't really give a damn about? There are many among my fellow Magistrates who would execute you on the spot to send a message to your government, however I consider myself to be a fair and considerate Qilin. I value stable growth. If you can add towards those ideals then I will swallow my hate, currently though, you do not. I will give you five minutes to argue your case."
PM

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat