Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Shadows Day, In the crystal kingdom! Open
Chibiman007
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Shadow Ritual. The dark foreboding unicorn Stallion stepped off the train as he looked around the Crystal Empire's train station. Normally this pony would be sporting a frown and a scowl. But not today. He was in a rather chipper mood as he left the station and headed into the city.

He wore his usual black cloak, though its hood was not up. He was not known in this part of the world and he liked it that way.

He stopped staring up at the crystal castle before sighing. " This cities beauty is on that not only captivates me..... but brings me happiness." He smiled. " Well i suppose I'll head to the library. Perhaps there will be something there for me to look at."

The Unicorn turned and headed towards the library, wondering what he might bump into on the way there.

The Malicious and the Cruel Rarely win, but when they do the heavens cry as they watch their heroes die.
PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 09:34 PM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

So shiny. It was distracting, honestly. Lepidoptera kept getting distracted by images of herself in reflective surfaces- of which there were impossibly many in a city made of crystal. She would need to select a suitable name for this novel form of hers, but for the moment she was mostly marvelling at how she had somehow waited this long before coming and trying it.

Admittedly, travelling in the realm of Cadence was a dangerous business for a changeling, but it was still so marvelous. Her body was harder than her changeling carapace, or even the scales of the infant dragon she had once managed to imitate. Practically impervious to any kind of assault, she was certain.

This would be a very, useful shape to know indeed.

It was also terrible fun trotting around with her spun glass tail making quiet, rustling chimes with each step!

She appeared not so different from her usual shape as Snow Melon, a white body, pale green mane and tail, though they were swept up into deliriously formal 'dos.

Her little morning trip had paid off spectacularly, in her opinion. Chrysalis would be so pleased that she could manage this shape! More importantly, it wasn't even hard to do! Most of the mindless drones could probably manage it as well as she could.

She was making her way diligently towards the train station, when something strange caught her eye. Something matte. Not to say that boring old ponies didn't visit the city. But most of them were wrapped up in the glittery aura of the town as soon as they arrived, so that they looked to be made of Crystal even if they were only still fur and skin.

But that unicorn wasn't. He must have been a terribly powerful mage to resist the pervasive aura without so much as breaking a sweat.

Probably dangerous. Probably really very 100% too dangerous to confront unassisted.

Possibly loyal to the Equestrian crown, though. A threat that could be neutralized before the big day.

She tried to judge both sides of the issue, trotting towards him with a chipper grin in place as she analyzed.

At the last moment before she would either need to greet him or brush past him as just another pony into the library, she decided.

"So you're definitely not from around here, then," She greeted with a wave, eyes dragging across his body in a way that was sure to be misleading, paying a particular attention to his flanks. "First time in town?"

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Jan 31 2013, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Shadow looked to her then shook his head. "Not my first." He said. " But one of the few times...." He looked around the city slowly then smiled then looked back to her. "most ponies ignore me when I stroll into town...." He looked her over, circling her slowly, much like a predator would as it sized up its prey. He smiled.

"Its good that someone finally takes notice of me without me having to do something drastic." He nods softly. " I am Shadow Ritual. High Warlock of Everfree." He bowed to her. " And you are?" He asked.

The Malicious and the Cruel Rarely win, but when they do the heavens cry as they watch their heroes die.
PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 09:28 AM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

Oh right! Names.

Uh.

Buck.

The tried to slip-slide her mind out into the hive for assistance, there had to be someone out there who knew about white gemstones, but the thick shielding magic and the distance muffled answers beyond usefulness. If she were a true drone, she would probably have just sat down on the ground and done nothing until someling else from the hive came to collect her, the input was so faded.

"Opal Snow." She said, after what she suspected was entirely too long a pause. "Is my name, I mean. I'm Opal. Snow."

Opals were kind of white. Aside from being, like, red and blue and green and stuff... And they had snow here. Not in the city, obviously. But it... existed.

Yes. Totally a fool proof name.

"I'm just a cook, though. Not nearly as fancy as a 'high mage.' Uh. I think? Actually, what is a high mage?" She affected a suitably concerned look, and a subtle alteration of her coat to make her look paled with nerves. "You're not, you know, like... like...Sombra?"

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

"Nice to meet you Opal." He said with a bow. He blinked at her question and chuckled. " A high Mage is someone whos.... lets say, More powerful than most. Twilight Sparkle is High Mage of all Equestria and while I may not be as powerful as her..... I am still a high mage though I prefer the term Warlock..."

When he was asked about sombra something different happened. A sinister, twisted smile grew upon his face. " No......but power like that..." he chuckled. " Power like that is what I dream of....."

PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 04:41 PM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

Lepidoptera made sure to flinch away in a fashion she found suitably melodramatic. Crystal ponies tended to take references to Sombra very seriously. She pinned her ears back and frowned appropriately.

Internally, though, the changeling relaxed considerably. Anypony with a lust for the Dark King's power was almost certainly no ally of Cadence, and that was the important thing here. But he was powerful, and he was a pony.

Until she was quite thoroughly convinced that he would either not be in Canterlot in a week, or would not raise a hoof against them, Leppy had a duty to keep talking!

"Oh. Oh dear. Um. Do I need to.. call a policeman, mister Ritual?" She asked, with a hint of a stutter. "It's... it's not really... good to say things like that around here?"

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

He glared at her suddenly. His horn shined with its unholy green aura. " Do that and I may just have to make a certain somepony dissappear without a trace....." he said. He took a step towards her. " But if you wish to cause trouble be my guest...."

He smiled. " I have no problem killing those who are nuisances to me....." He said. " Sometimes its rather fun to watch as they're bodies wither away....."

PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 06:13 PM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

Threat. Definitely a threat.

The simpering facade melted away, replaced by a hard glare and a thin lined mouth, gone in an instance as if some switch had been flipped. She took two determined paces towards him.

"Do your worst, you bucking imbecile, but only if you want our Queen's wrath on you pretty little horn." She didn't grin, she didn't smile or taunt. It was a cold, flat fact.

She was perhaps the fifth strongest in the hive, and the most loyal of the autonomous to her Queen.

It wouldn't take much to ensure that he died in the upcoming battle for harming her, but it wouldn't come to that, she was certain. She could wear his shape, she was sure of it, and with countless centuries of memory to draw upon, use his power far more effectively than him.

"But then, at lest you can respect power and danger. So let me make this easy for you." She sniffed condescendingly, subtly altering the length of her legs so that she could glare down her nose at him properly. "So let's make this simple. You stay the buck out of Canterlot for the next seven day, oh high and mighty warlock, and I don't want your snot nosed, hubris filled guts all over the sidewalk right here and now."

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Feb 1 2013, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

He smiled at her. " HA!" he said ." i knew it..." He muttered. " I knew something was off abou you...." He watched as she got abit taller and listened to her before he chuckled and shook his head. " Wouldn't dream of it... Canterlots one place I do not tread often..."

He stared at her. " But my you must be brave to be hiding in such plain sight.... I commend you." He said. He looked around. " To be honest I prefer changelings to ponys any day." He nods. " But...... Whats this about canterlot and splattering of things? It sounds fun...." He didn't even seem the bit fazed by her counter threat. Either he had balls of steel, was a fool, or just didn't care.

PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 01:08 AM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

'Opal Snow' hissed in a deeply threatening and obviously inpony manner, eyes flicking quickly to either side.

"First the Dark King, now the Hive. You've got a death wish, and I want no part of it." She jabbed him in the barrel soundly, pushing him away from herself, her hard quartzy exterior perhaps putting a little more bite into the gesture than intended. "You're obviously mad as a hatter and no sort of mage at all. So go natter on about subversive topics on your own."

She turned tail, and for good measure swished the glassy fibres of said tail in his face in a gesture reminiscent of a slap. Reprehensible idiot! As if she would share information with somepony who couldn't even keep his tongue to himself about two of the most dangerous possible topics to bring up in this town. In broad daylight! In front of one of the busiest buildings in the city!

Good riddance to the poor bucking foal.

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 02:07 AM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

He was indeed pushed back, and the tail hitting him in the face didn't help. He growled but kept his calm. " Well." He said. " I suppose I can just go TELL celestia of your queens plan to do... whatever by the end of the week. I'm sure she'd be Glad to know one of her Ex students still cares for her."

He stared at her as she walked. " So.. theres that. Thank you for giving me information on your own destruction... seems I've played you for a fool without even trying!" He laughed.

PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 03:01 AM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

Snow Opal resisted the urge to snicker into her pastern, but her glittering skin caught the way her shoulders tightened with restraint, sending dancing lights this way and that. It would hardly do to tip the idiot off, not when the drone in the castle could report the look on his face when he realized-

Well, best not to jinx anything.

But, oh yes. She was practically salivating now, the very idea of his slack jaw, his impotent rage. Watching pompous ponies fall flat on their cushy haunches brought her so much joy.

"You do that." She called back, utterly casually, not even bothering to turn her head as she sauntered off, tail swishing behind her. Student to the Sun Queen or not, Lepidoptera had no interest in him. She had what she needed. Information on a rogue unicorn who may possess significant magical talent, and would need to be pacified if he showed his face. WIthin a few hours every Changeling in the Hive would know him.

For the moment, though, she had a train to catch.

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 03:11 AM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

His horn shined a moment before he thought. He got an idea. A horribly twisted EVIL Idea. Maybe this changeling could be a spy for him. Alittle mind manipulation and she might do whatever he said. Oh but that pesky hive mind. Could he break it? Probubly not. He thought for a few moments before he slowly followed after her. ' Oh don't think I'm done with you..." he said. " You've ruined my trip to the library! I cannot have something like that go Unpunished...." He smiled.

He had to get close enough and get her out of sight from anyone. That would work oh so well if he could.

PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 11:54 AM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

Two choices (well, three, but the third was rather obnoxious and pathetic, so best to put it out of mind until it became necessary). Ignore the pest and hope he left like a good little mayfly, or trot him into the nearest alley way and nip this issue in the bud long before it could upset her Queen.

Lepidoptera elected for the former.

She could almost certainly wipe the floor with an idiotic, pompous little mortal who hadn't even been around for the reign of Discord. Fooling about with things well beyond his ken, this one.

But she might also draw the attention of one of the true natives, and get herself set alight by the unholy fire of the Crystal Empress.

She ignored him, trotting along towards the train station, taking pains to ensure she stayed always in public, populated streets, even if it occasionally meant bumping through a crowd.

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

He would silently follow her. His hooves now rarely clanking on the roads. He had pulled up his hood as now only his muzzle and horn could be seen. He hadn't attempted anything. Not yet at least.

He had patience. He had to stalk his prey. Even if it ment bucking them over in some way. He smiled to himself as they neared the train. He could get her in the train and wipe every ponies memories in the area. That shouldn't be too hard. Actually a train would be the perfect place. Tight spaces. Lots of ponies.... and best of all. She probubly wouldn't want to blow her cover of being a changeling.

PM
Lepidoptera
 Posted: Feb 2 2013, 11:47 PM
Members
19 Posts
Joined 28-January 13

Lepidoptera resisted the urge to sigh in annoyance as plan A did not pan out. Stupid tenacious mortals. You'd think with only a century or two to their names they'd not waste time trying to play games in the big leagues. But nooo.

The 'high mage' was still trailing behind her like a lost little foal, apparently somehow convinced that wearing a travelling cloak in a town that was literally impossible to reach without a train ticket and had magically conjured weather that left it permanently in the late spring was in some unfathomable way inconspicuous.

She trotted into the train station, always one of the busiest places in the empire, and committed herself to skipping plan B as well. Not worth the risk. Chrysalis would be more annoyed that she had shown their hoof than that she had let the dumb- so, so dumb, how dare he try to compliment her and then have the gall to threaten her with a dull little mind like that- unicorn survive to be someling else's problem.

She pasted a woefully, obviously false smile on her face as she waiting in line for the ticket booth, ears twitching with 'nerves.' The glitter pink sales pony picked up on it immediately, cocking a curious eyebrow.

'Opal Snow' leaned towards the crystal pony conspiratorially, and spewed in a rapid fire, strangled whisper, "A stallion followed me here from the library! He threatened me, said that he was going to, to be the next Sombra."

The effect was instant and just as she had hoped. The previously bored and distantly curious ticket stallion was now all ears. "Please, I'm scared, you have to call for help!" Lepidoptera babbled, hysterically but still whisper-quiet. "He's a unicorn, dark blue, with a purple mane and a big cloak and I don't know his cutiemark, oh I can't remember his eyes, buck, I'm sorry but please, is that enough, can, can you take e somewhere safe? I think he's going to hurt me!"

The ticket pony cleared his throat, putting on an obviously well practiced mask of neutrality. He was old enough, probably forty years or more, to remember Sombra's reign. The name drop would be taken seriously. "Ma'am, I'm afraid if you don't have the bits on hoof, you're going to have to come with me to the telegraph office to speak to a bank in destination to discuss payment on arrival." He said, a little bit louder than strictly necessary.

It was probably the most obvious cover story that Leppy had ever seen, but whatever. Security was going to be on him in minutes, and she would conveniently disappear as soon as the opportunity to put on a train conductor's face arose.

Easy peasy pudding pie.

This post has been edited by Lepidoptera: Feb 2 2013, 11:47 PM

PM
Chibiman007
 Posted: Feb 3 2013, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member
Members
224 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Shadow had stopped walking when she began talking to the ticket taker. He looked around and smiled putting his cloak into his bags before lowering his shielding against the aura. His body began to glisten softly. He looked around before putting an illusion around himself, he now was a light shade of blue, with a white mane. He frowned though. While illusions weren't his forte he still could pull them off for a few minutes.
He sat down at the train station and looked around.

"perhaps I should try a friendlier tactic." he nods. " That may work better to my advantage than gallivanting around as the mad colt I am." He chuckled softly and closed his eyes. If he had too he would toss up some sort of illusion of sombra, or at least what he believed he looked like.

PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat