Start | Stop

The war in Pundani is over, and Light has become, at long, long last, victorious over Dark. The continent may never recover from having lost two or every three beings living in it, but at least it will have the opportunity to try.

This victory comes at a cost, though, and a significant one at that. Many warriors died the name of protecting the Light, and their bodies and stories are to be shown and celebrated at this year's Grand Galloping Gala. Not least among them will be the memorial of Celestia, Sun Princess of Equestria and Gaia, who died in the final moments of the fight.

Equestrian Legends is shutting down. Please read more about this decision here.

Equestrian Legends Redux is a reboot of a popular MLPFIM roleplaying forum. We offer an extremely detailed sandbox world, a low minimum wordcount of 100, and a rapidly moving, far reaching plot. While you are just as welcome to play slice of life threads here, and they are encouraged between plot events, please know that Redux is very story driven, and considerably darker than the show.

Weather: Warm and sunny, but with a peculiar sort of silence to the air
Date: September Tenth, 5150
Current Events: The Grand Galloping Gala
Description: This biannual event was always intended to be one of celebration and delight, even if politics and stodginess did often get in the way. But this year, there is no doubt that the very nature of the Gala has been irrevocably altered. Begun by Princess Celestia after her Sister's banishment, now the Gala is being continued by Princess Luna after Celestia's death.
This site appears best in Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Wars of Equestria
Distant Fantasies Storm Nexus: Pern as you've never seen her before.
Our Code
Equestrian Legends Redux: A plot driven adventure of global proportion
  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Polls, As in, multiple different polls. Plural.
Vergess
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Admin
205 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Question one:
Where do we want our official divergence/retcon to take place. I, personally, am partial to reworking the entire Changeling race, which means retconning everything which occurred after the initial quest into the Everfree. However, I want to hear your ideas.

Question two:
Info Placement
Do we want an announcement panel at the top of the board, as seen on EqLeg Prime/Rise, or a collapsible sidebar with announcements, links, affiliates, etc.

Question three
Skinning
I've had three people ask me now if I can make Redux have a day-night cycling skin, like Rise does. The short answer is yes, though it would take a day or so to iron out. Would you all like me to create such a cycle?

If you have any other questions or suggestions, this is a great place for you to post thme so I can't lose track of them.

PM
Axel
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 02:19 PM
Members
6 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Answer One: I don't think I can answer that question very well since I wasn't involved in the last one.

Answer Two: I kinda liked the thing at the top of the screen, but a sidebar's cool too.

Answer Three: That'd be cool to have, but if it's too much trouble then don't worry about it. I know you're a busy Veesalope and you have a life of your own.
PM
JM95
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 02:27 PM
Advanced Member
Members
215 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

Question One:

I say that we do retcon everything after the Everfree quest. Personally, I thought the changelings ended up becoming WAY too redeemable and nice, when in the show, they're clearly shown to be mean little buggers who want nothing more than to feed off ponies like a bunch of parasites. I'm not anti-nice changelings or anything, but I'd rather have them closer to how they were portrayed in the show. I like 'em better when they're threatening, parasitic, and mean. It would be even better if they were more like bugs or animals and were incapable of free thought other than the orders given to them through the Queen's hivemind, and incapable of speech besides mimicking the voices of those they are disguised as. If it was like that, people who play as drone changelings could be in for a very weird, buggy, unique experience.

As for questions 2 and 3, Any way those go is fine with me.

PM
SaintAbsol
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 02:40 PM
Members
20 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Answer 1: Honestly, and this may just be me, but I prefer to start with a clean slate. It's a new board, a new try and I say we build its canon from the ground up and just start from wherever the original board started. Gives any potential newbies a better idea of what's going on without having to worry about getting caught up in backstory that doesn't exist on this site.

Answer 2: Personally, I prefer a header, but either works.

Answer 3: While it would be nice, and we could use a Celestia version, it's not something that's needed to make the board more accessible. Basically: do it if you want, but don't feel like you have to.

PM
That Little Twerp
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member
Admin
60 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

I HAVE A QUESTION!

Could we, perhaps, Have a month or so of in-character time before the plot kicks off?

Just so some characters can be introduced and whatnot, and can be integrated into the events seamlessly.

For example, I wouldn't want to have Obsidian be freed in the middle of all this hubbub; He needs some time to recover, after all. Getting cured of a once-deadly disease would require bedrest, you know.

Obsidian Blade||Unicorn||Stallion - "The Lion-maned Warhorse"
Silver Star||Pegasus||Young Stallion - "That one jerk"
PM
Axel
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 03:23 PM
Members
6 Posts
Joined 21-January 13

QUOTE (That Little Twerp @ Jan 21 2013, 03:11 PM)
I HAVE A QUESTION!

Could we, perhaps, Have a month or so of in-character time before the plot kicks off?

Just so some characters can be introduced and whatnot, and can be integrated into the events seamlessly.

I actually like this idea, but only if it doesn't just turn the forum into another slice of life (like the last one and so many others before it).
PM
Vergess
 Posted: Jan 21 2013, 05:31 PM
Administrator
Admin
205 Posts
Joined 20-January 13

Okay then. We will begin the changeling plot on Feb 7th, giving you guys a little over two weeks for your slice-of-life, getting to know you phase!

I will make a header bar for the announcements and affiliations.

And I will make a day night cycle tomorrow.

JM, if you would like to chat with me somewhere more secluded, you seem to be invested in the changelings, and I'd like to go over what I have in mind.

Canon is being reset to the end of Trails and Tribulation on EqLeg Prime.

This means:
-Meadow is a dragon I guess shit I didn't think that through oh well
-Johna and Flight Risk are BFFsies 5ever
-ALL PRIZES EARNED IN T&T ARE STILL CANON, incl the healing hammer, the quick change necklace, etc

The hive queen found in the ruins is not Morpho. Morpho is being redacted. The hive Queen will be Chrysalis.

PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat
OOC Chat IC Chat